the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Another ADD post

It just occurred to me today that I haven't posted a picture of Snickers in the last couple of whenevers, so I trapped him behind the couch like a 60-pound rat and blinded him with the flash a couple of times. Well, I'm sure the first flash did all the blinding, and the second flash was merely an insult-to-injury flourish. I hope you enjoy the beauty that arises from my dog's irritation.

Snickers blue
Call the SPCA now, for the love of dog!

Besides tormenting Snickers, I'm also gettin' revved up to see Joan Jett tomorrow night. If any of you have any pull in this area, could you please see to it that the rains hold off during the Jett set? The chaps will be worn. It's Joan Fucking Jett!

I'm amused as can be that my comments section, of all places, can sprout a discussion of classical composers. Just goes to show that I can lick the high brow just as well as the low brow, and I'll still get to Scotland afore ye. I blove youse guys - c'mere and let me give you a sloppy drunken group hug. Watch out, though - I get happy hands when I drink. Fair warning.

If you haven't already done so, please go visit Torrie and wish her happy birthday, 'cause everybody has one, and this is hers. Happy birthday, Torrie! Remember, just 'cause you're not home doesn't mean we won't still help ourselves to your good liquor and pain pills. Huzzah!

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

*dons chastity belt*

(Can't help self from pointing out that "the low road" mentioned in Loch Lomond means "the way of the dead", the singer is moribound... uhm... no, I don't get out much...)

1:33 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Puppy! Does he need a lady friend? Miss Hermione is looking quite fetching these days.

3:43 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

when is the BBQ, and the descending on your backyard, madame BFE?

7:32 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mrtl - thanks! I was feelin' primitive.

Ghost - first, there are no chastity belts at the Cotillion. Hand over the key. Now.
So Scotland is where you go when you die, is that what the song means? Crap, I was hopin' for someplace with less...golf.

Jess - I've caught Snickers gettin' out the lipstick, if you know what I mean, when I have pix of Hermione up onscreen. So I think the attraction is already in place.
huh huh huh "Fetching" huh huh huh

Opera gal - Just so you all understand, we have certain rules in our yard about drunken nudity.
As in, we require it.

(is Madame BFE anything like Madame Butterfly?)

7:39 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kittay - I know Hermione is fetching. I have no opinion on whether or not she is a felcher, but I suspect Hermione has yet to taste of the felch fountain. To the best of my knowledge, she is a virginal Saint, saving herself for sweet surrender to Snickers.

8:51 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Thanks! I'm coming home tomorrow!

12:43 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Noooo! The key is my precioussssssss! *hiss & claw*

As for Loch Lomond, the most popular legend has it that it is the lament of a Jacobine Scotsman to his fiancé as he is about to be executed by the English in 1745, after the Scots got their asses kicked at Carlisle. According to the legend, his friend was allowed to return to their village alive. Hence one goes home to Scotland spiritually, through the underworld - the low road - while the other takes the high road, above ground, among the living. Very tragic, very romantic song.

Ah lubs Scotland, Edinburgh in partcular is one of my all time favorite cities.

12:48 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

Joan Jett?!?!? COOL!

2:42 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Poor Snickers.

"Mom, for the love of DOG, please leave me alone!"

2:50 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Just got through reading the comments on the last post. Damn...this is the last site I ever figured to see and Opera fight at. Although, I'm guessin Bucky could write a really killer nc/17 rock opera based on the characters who show up here. Of course, Jess would have to be featured prominently!

3:55 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

oh i was just being a grumpy - i apologized to the internet, as well as gog. i'm such a dork.

7:08 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I love rock n' roll . . .


However, I coulda gone my whole freakin' life without knowing what "felching" is. *gagging*

8:49 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home