the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Home and worthless/my sevens for Greatwhitebear

Jim and I got home about 1:00 this afternoon and both promptly fell asleep on the couch. I've been up for a bit now, had some dinner, appreciated Snickers' charms all over again like I always do when I'm away from him for more than 8 hours at a time, and have just now realized how very few pictures I took this weekend. But did you read my last post? It's not like I've made any sense in days and days anyway. Can't even blame it on drunkenosity (though you're welcome to think that if it lets you sleep better at night); maybe I was just rattled because Tardist kept badgerin' me about the teriyaki tuna I had for dinner last night. Well, okay, that is pretty funny.

Did anything constructive happen this weekend, any strokes of combined sibling genius? Uh, no. But my mom did show off her kickass autographed Tony Geary picture. Watch out, Laura - my mom has the hots for Luke.


Mom thinks Luke Spencer is dreamy.
"It may have zippity to do with doo dah."

Tardist claims he is not interested in General Hospital, but I noticed he began to foam at the mouth with what I would assume to be intense jealousy.

Tardist foams at the mouth
Oh, the captions I could add if I weren't such a sweet little sister...

Jim was, as always, caught in the crossfire retardation of my family.


jeems
If I feign sleep, maybe they'll take pity on me.

Squirl and I plotted, but ultimately, did not hatch any plans, clever or otherwise.

Moose and Squirl?
No, Mom, we didn't drink your Mogen David, why?

I was also tagged with Sevens by Greatwhitebear, so I might as well post those while I'm at it, too.

7 THINGS YOU PLAN TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE
  1. See Dave Brubeck live (haha, actually, next week)
  2. Have a 45-minute orgasm (likely the last thing I'll do before I die)
  3. Raise my price to $3.50 for sex
  4. Publish a book
  5. Visit Europe
  6. Retire early
  7. Record a whole CD of my own songs
7 THINGS YOU CAN DO
  1. Sing and carry a tune
  2. Make people laugh
  3. Gross people out
  4. Play simple song arrangements by ear on the piano (but using my hands)
  5. Proofread your documents (I will be more careful with yours than I am with my own)
  6. Write a UNIX shell script
  7. Since it would be wrong to include anything involving the proverbial removal of chrome from a tailpipe, I will instead add that I can read really fast.

7 THINGS YOU CAN'T DO
  1. Keep my mouth shut when somebody's bein' a bigoted asshole
  2. Dance
  3. Resist a pet who wants my attention
  4. Retain any composure (or my pants) when I drink
  5. Keep my car neat for more than two days at a time
  6. Swim for fun (George Carlin said it best: "Swimming is not a sport. It's a way to keep from drowning.")
  7. Draw cartoon characters that look the same from one frame to the next
7 THINGS THAT ATTRACT YOU TO THE OPPOSITE SEX
  1. Sense of humor (must give and take with equal vigor)
  2. Appreciation of the absurd (sadly, I'm not kiddin')
  3. Eyes that say a lot
  4. Ability to converse on a thousand different levels, from literature to fart jokes and everything in between
  5. Nicely defined arms and legs (lest y'all think I'm bein' too intellectual/metaphysical about all this)
  6. The ability to find me adorable
  7. Harmlessly kinky motherfucker
7 THINGS YOU SAY MOST
  1. Where's my camera?
  2. Where are my glasses?
  3. Where are my pants?
  4. Jesus, I didn't wanna know that.
  5. Cocksuckaaaaaaaaah!
  6. Oh, I need to remember to blog that.
  7. Fuck that shit!
7 CELEBRITY CRUSHES
  1. Taye Diggs
  2. Daryl Dragon (when I was 12, m'kay? 12!)
  3. LL Cool J
  4. Clint Eastwood
  5. Kim Wilson (lead singer of the Fabulous Thunderbirds)
  6. Martin LaPointe (still hot, even in a uniform other than the Red Wings')
  7. Don Knotts (Ha! You're still readin'!)
7 SONGS I AM CURRENTLY DIGGING
  1. James Brown - Get Up Offa That Thing
  2. Marilyn Manson - (S)aint
  3. Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
  4. Chanson Du Toreador from Carmen
  5. Rob Zombie - Pussy Liquor
  6. Brian Setzer Orchestra - Hoodoo Voodoo Doll
  7. Big Rude Jake - Steppin' Out Under the Moon
And I'm not taggin' anybody. If you see this and it looks like a good idea, consider yourself tagged. Otherwise, no pressure, man. Everything's cool...

24 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back. Boy, I've seen MORE than my share of Tardist-ish poses in MY day. :) Glad ya had fun, gal.

8:17 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

That is definitely jealousy foam that Tardist is working there. You and Squirl look terribly clever. "Harmlessly kinky." I like that. I have too rules: no third parties, human or animal, and no injuries that require medical attention or leave scars. And you now have waaaaaay TMI about me ;)

I remember when The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Blue Oyster Cult and Billy Squire were the ONLY ones on MTV. At least it seemed that way.

8:34 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

not that this has anything to do with your post - but I knew I could share it here:
testyfesty
totally worth it for the cow with the band-aid gif.

8:46 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

dammit! you'd think I never coded a damn hyperlink before - ok, screw Blogger - its testyfesty.com ya'll.

And by the way, BFE - yes to the hot over-40 Red Wings, although I'm a Chelios kinda gal myself.

8:48 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Dazed - Heh heh heh I guess I'll be nice and pretend he's merely rabid here. But your explanation is infinitely more fun.

Susie - Squirl and I were surely up to no good when we took this.
And I think it's good rules that:
a) Biscuit can't join in your reindeer games
and
b) Jif isn't allowed to use barbed wire.
I almost put "kinky motherfucker" then decided I'd best qualify that. I can do without the bowser and the barbed wire myself.

Opera gal - Yes, the animated cow gif should be considered a national treasaure. Everybody should visit this link and be glad humans only sterilize by choice.

8:52 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, and I wouldn't object if Chelios tried to go top shelf with me.

8:53 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Anthony Geary *drool*

9:16 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

She who... Somehow I knew you'd be all over the Tony Geary pic. ;)

9:17 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

huh huhuhuhhh you said pussy liquor

9:23 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess - didn't say it, just typed it. Nyah.
I'd say I'm splitting hairs, but that wouldn't make things any better, would it?

10:12 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Actually, I thought you and Squirl looked like you were trying to explain to your mom how you had gotten Tardist to eat all that detergent...

1:30 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - you're just tryin' to deflect attention from the fact that you were all up in my pen1s over at Nilbo's place.

Spoonie - Hey, just 'cause I'm old doesn't mean LL doesn't wanna rub my back, rub my back, rub my back, rub my back...

7:03 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

I love that you're listening to Carmen in the midst of it all!

Nice pic of you and Squirl! Love it!

1:02 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Oh so many captions for Tardist's picture and so little time...

1:17 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Correction: YOUR pen1s was the one that was all up over at Nilbo's ...not me. Not that I minded, or anything... just, y'know, oh...nevermind.

1:50 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

effie - I consider my job done when anyone listens to Carmen.
(grins)

4:22 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Effie - yeah, Squirl and I had to behave ourselves for a whole two minutes for this photo session. Then it was back to mayhem.

Sierrabella - you see my quandary?

Eclectic - oh, like you didn't write your phone number in big block letters on my gigantic pen1s.

Opera gal - I do love my Carmen for Orchestra CD.

5:34 PM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

Tony Geary is so hot.

12:46 AM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always had a major crush on LL too. It's partly the lip-licking thing. Which, thinking about it, not too many folks can pull off and still look like the kind of sleazy you wanna rub up against.

1:56 AM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kassi - I'd trade quips with Luke Spencer any old day.

Sheryl - Yeah, he's just SMokin'! Yummm...

7:38 AM, August 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I love women who can find sexual meanings in hockey terms! Come to think of it, I love women who can use hockey terms in context! Go Wings and A Maze n Blue!

7:59 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

don't know how that last post ended up being anonymous.

8:02 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Nina said...

Really nice pic of you and Squirl! I Love it! Looks like trouble. :)

2:18 PM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Bear - don't even get me started on five hole.

Nanina - it was most definitely trouble. Mostly Squirl, of course. I'm the innocent little sister.

6:38 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home