the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, September 30, 2005

Fuckers came at me from all directions!

Tagged on the left, tagged on the right, here I am: stuck in the meme with you. Halfhearted apologies to Stealer's Wheel.

Squirl and LadyBug (happy blogiversary, by the way!) ganged up on me and tagged me with no takebacks. But since this one required very little thought, it doesn't seem like a half bad idea, now, does it?

So here's the rules:

1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same. (Oh, hell, I never tag anybody. Go ahead and do it anyway, you know you want to)

A dig through my arrrrrrchives yielded the following 23rd post fifth sentence:

"Now maybe apple pandowdy might be a common topic of conversation 'round your house, if you're a Dinah Shore fan, but 'round these parts, it's never been discussed, to the best of my liquor-addled recollection."

That's deep. Deeply retarded. And since one scoop is never enough, here's a second helping of stupid, and this one's especially for Nilbo:

rollingpin1

Twins with rolling pins. Who doesn't like that?

24 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Opera Gal said...

i saw that meme yesterday too and was tempted to tag you with it!! Not enough people read me for me to tag, so I'll just leave my droppings here:"I have to read PSA's (public service annoucements), station breaks, local concert annoucements, new releases, opera synopsis for each act, and forward and back announcing everything played."

7:48 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Mmmm, biscuits.

8:20 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

Hey--you didn't use the word urine today....

whfropera left "droppings" on your site--Gross!

8:50 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

well, she didn't say urine, so I need to pick up the slack

8:55 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

My 23rd post only has four sentences, and the last one is very short:

"In brothels."

I dare you not to follow the link and read the whole post.

9:34 AM, September 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apple Pandowdy - now THERE'S something that REALLY gets ME wet (in brothels).

9:42 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger hemlock said...

I was going to do that '23rd post, 5th line' thing too, but it ended up that I was just wishing everyone a great Labour Day. Hardly worth posting.

10:22 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, I remember the apple pandowdy post!

And YAY! I can finally comment. Blogger took most of the morning off, I think.

Thanks for playing along, Bucky. I knew you'd want me to tag you. Was it good for you?

12:21 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oops, I don't know what I was thinking. Ladybug tagged me, too. I should've known you were on that tag. I love yours, too.

12:44 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Twins with Rolling Pins and Piecrust for Meat Pies!!!!

Mmmm, meat pie.

1:44 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Very deep, Bucky.
Thanks, now I have to Google apple pandowdy!

3:53 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

23rd post, 5th sentence = “Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw.”

4:18 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal - your, uh, droppings are always welcome here. And I liked your "Listening to" tag on your comment (last post, I think? I'm so thought challenged right now). I'd like it if folks would do that, I think it would be cool to see what everybody listens to. Right now - listening to Tom Waits "Hang on St. Christopher."

Mr. B - are you always hungry? Should I just keep snacks on hand for you?

Effie - I'm trying to step away from the urine. We'll see how it works.

Opera gal - feel free to spread the urine.

Ghost - Ha! I think "in brothels" should be our new tagline for fortune cookies, instead of "in bed."

Dazed - see, that's the spirit! Go forth and pandowdy ye.

Leafgirl - at least you weren't wishing us all a venereal disease or something.

LadyBug - it was so good I had to shower after I dug through my own archives.

Squirl - that's ok, I can kill two tags with one bird.
Or something.

Plazajen - meat pie just sounds dirty, but in a good way.

Mrtl - oh, like you weren't already thinkin' about pie. Aren't you always?

Sierrabella - I had to look it up after I posted about it. I'm not the bakin' type.

SS Nick: Yours is a lot more interesting than mine!

4:46 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

.."liquor-addled recognition." I so wish I could use that line somehow, someday.

4:57 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Mmmmmmm... rolling pins:)

These meme things are like a case of clap on a tunatastic twenty cent whore--everyone's getting infected:)

Cheap thrills, I tell ya!

5:00 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Urine.
*giggles*
Now I gotsta pee.

6:55 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I don't qualify...my 23rd post had only 2 sentences. And neither were very interesting.

6:55 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

while I was driving yesterday i saw a truck that had "frigrite" written on it and I thought of you.

I don't know if that makes you the weirder person or me.

photo coming soon when I'm more awake and don't have oodles of yummy goodness to play with in my bed :)

10:56 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

I'd like to be liquor-addled right now.

11:34 PM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

Your sentence so perfectly fits your personality. You are deeply disturbed, woman. Me likey!

12:22 AM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Take those rolling pin Twins, add some shades and assless chaps, and the resemblance is uncanny ...

My 23rd post, fifth sentence: "If we drew the same ratio of audience to population in Toronto as we did in Trochu, Alberta, it would mean a month of sellout shows at Skydome."

12:56 AM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Urine, droppings, twins with pins, OMG -- the post (+ comments) that has everything! Even your meme's crack me up. I guess my inner child was right: I AM easily entertained....! ;)

8:28 PM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

bisquits good

9:10 PM, October 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

1:22 PM, November 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home