the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sober is a relative term

Well, sorry you didn't get a full dose of silly drunken me on the audioblog last night - by the time I decided that take was acceptable, I was pretty fuckin' grumpy about the whole thing. I promise to just surprise you some night with me drunk and laughing and incoherent. Um, I mean on an audioblog, not on your front porch at 2:30 a.m. with a greased rolling pin in one hand and rubber boot full of tequila in the other. Unless you'd dig that.

Blue shirt

It's back to work for me tomorrow. It's been nine days or so since I've been in; I wonder if anyone's had my office condemned in my absence...

Sorry the whole Romper Room thing didn't work out. Speaking of which, I would be remiss in my duties as your hostess with the mostest if I didn't point out a link on the Romper Room site that Momentarily Distracted so graciously provided. Take a listen to this song and tell me that song didn't singlehandedly encourage psychedelia. Wow.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go soothe the spots where I tried out those cold wax Nair strips. No, we never will get away from that topic, so don't even allow yourself the luxury of thinking it will ever be over. Removal of inconvenient body and facial hair will always be fair game here.

Time to convince my body it's a good idea to go to sleep this early...wish me luck. Or send me another drink; that should do the trick.

17 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen a do-be go this way OR that, now that you mention it.

A greased rolling pin and a tequila sounds HOT, Miss Bucky.

11:29 PM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hot, woman.

11:51 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Now you just Quit making fun of the Romper Room songs. They are about the only ones I remember all the way through. Well, besides the church hymns by grandma was always mumbling.
I was on the local program in Wheeling WV when I was four and a half. First time I ever got to play with Lego building bricks, and I remember kicking the boy who expected me to share them. I have mellowed with time, and DoF is grateful.

Maybe the office is not condemned, but I'd say there won't be any pens remaining in the cup on the desk in your cubicle.

11:57 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

I don't have a porch, but I agree with Jim.
Mm, boot liquor.

12:27 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

:::building porch on my side of house:::
That oughta do it. :o)

12:40 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'd dig that.

I'm so glad i have a porch now.

1:29 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

*sniff* That song makes me want to sit in a circle with you all and pass a "joint." Did you ever see a doobie go this way and that? Go this way and that way . . .
Just beautiful...

6:44 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Crabby said...

What do ya mean you won't be surprising me? But you promised to show up on my porch at 2:30 some morning with lots of alcohol!

Does this mean I have to go buy my own?

7:58 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Darlin, that blue shirt looks fabulous on you! I LOVE IT! As for the drunken audioblog post... you just sounded tired, sweetie. :) Better luck next time -- heh, I just typed "butter luck next time" -- whoops... unless you're into that sort of thing. :)

1:56 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun at work, Bucky

4:03 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Curtis said...

Whoa there! Wait a mo -- I don't like tequila. But boot gin, count me in!

7:26 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

I feel like I'm stoned just from listening to this song...
Wheee!!!
:::sways from side to side long after the song is finished:::

8:56 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

After just half a glass of Chardonnay that song is just too trippy. Ichabod gave me a weird look while it was playing and then commented that it was really long. I do not remember that song from back when I used to watch the show. I think Louisville had a franchise and had its own Romper Room lady.

You look very nice there in your blue blouse.

9:11 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jim - everything sounds hotter after you've seen a do-bee go this way and that.

Kalki - see my note to Jim about the do-bee and hotness. ;)

Mrs. DoF - I admire a woman who's not afraid to kick the competition!

Madame D - do you want the red rubber boot or the yellow rubber boot? The tequila's better in the red, but the yellow's more festive...

M_D - see, everybody thinks I'd be a fun drunk until they have to hold my hair.

Song - I'm not sure I'd get through immigration with the rubber boot.

Susie - I know? Isn't this song totally old-school stoner campfire music?

Crabcake - if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise!

CKelli - thanks! And butter luck is never a bad thing, either. Um, or so I've heard, heh heh...

Mike - you remember more about the show than I do! I was more into Captain Kangaroo and Electric Company.

SS Nick - oh yeah - work was, um, really a blast! Yeah, that's it...

Curtis - I think I could do up a boot full o' gin, just for you. Would you like that in a cowboy boot?

M_D - heh heh heh, it's sad how many people I've seen actually DO that. At least you know it's supposed to be funny.

Squirl - thank ya! Yes, the song does go on foreeeeeeeever, doesn't it? I couldn't listen to the whole thing. What, they trying to make the kids feel stoned just by listening?

11:48 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Love those PJs!!

5:55 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

I have to say--I'm loving the blue silk....

I remember Romper Room--looking through the mirror--and I see all the good little boys and girls! She never seemed to see me though...I wonder why...

12:39 PM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

nyyyyyce pic, chica

12:30 PM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home