the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, January 13, 2007

You can have your funky world, see you 'round

The bad thing about film is that we can no longer deny our questionable fashion choices from the past.

Case in point: in part, the band, but mostly the host on this late-'60s era music show. The Bob Seger System (to the best of my memory: Bob Seger on vocals and organ, Dan Honaker on bass, and Pep Perrine on drums) lip sync to their regional hit Rambin' Gamblin' Man.



Like, wow, man. Outta sight. Groovy.

ps - Kiwi-flavored Jelly Belly? They sounded a whole lot better than they actually taste. Off to scrape my tastebuds now.

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

That was funny. Who the heck was the guy who introduced them? I wouldn't have recognized Bob Seger if I'd just seen the picture of him like that.

But was that Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders at the end?

8:24 AM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Wowza. Grooooovy duds, man.

Kiwi flav is probably better than mutton flavoured jelly bellys. just sayin.

3:42 PM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Ohlord. I've loved him for nearly 30 years now. Somebody help me pull up my support hose.
I don't know that I've ever seen someone play keyboard with one hand and hold the mic with the other. Hmmm...didn't they have a mic stand? Or maybe he could only play with one hand . . .
That VEST! And I wouldn't have recognized him, either, with the nekkid face.
I thank you for this, Bucky.

7:14 PM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Madame D said...

Wow, I am totally in awe of that haircut. Totally. I wonder if he still has the bowl that aided in the making of it.

9:40 PM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Maven said...

Man the drummer looks like he's trying to beat a rat to death rather than make ahem! music!

Love Bob Seger, and I agree, I wouldn't have been able to identify him. I'm only familiar with his material from his Silver Bullet Band days... or am I confusing singers?

11:45 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um, that guy on drums... is that Peter Tork?

Why didn't I know that Bob Seger sang that song??

Thanks, Bucky! I second what HelloKittn said...

1:46 PM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw... damn... and it cut out right before the 'happening messages'...

1:48 PM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - not sure about the guy making the intro, but from what Susie says, you are right on about Mark Lindsay.

Hellokittn - that's my favorite era of Seger. Mid-'60s to very early '70s.

Amy - Good point. Also better than Cat's Ass.

Susie - I wondered about the mike stand, too. But I guess it's a moot point, since it's all lip-synced anyway. (and some fellas only need one hand to play their organ, if you catch my drift)

Madame D - I think he gave that bowl to Jethro for his cereal.

Maven - that is the very same Bob Seger. Before the Silver Bullet Band he headed up various outfits, including The Bob Seger System (the one in the video here) and Bob Seger and the Last Herd.

CKelli - I'll have to send you some early Seger songs. I've got some OLD stuff. Stuff that was already dusty when Night Moves was released.

9:21 PM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home