the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, May 04, 2007

The fried chicken chronicles

Before I get down to brass monkey nuts about the concert, I need to show you this:


Up high Eeyore guy
Eeyore surveys his kingdom from atop the kitchen cabinets.

If you don't think he's adorable, you can just go back to sucking turn-of-the-century jizz out of Phyllis Diller's ass.

Now, on with the show:


SCOTS
Left to right: Dave Hartman, Rick Miller, Mary Huff

I really wish I'd had a better camera than the one on my phone, but some of the shots turned out better than I'd expected.


SCOTS

After the show, I wrote down as many of the songs as I could remember. There are probably a couple I've missed, but I got most of 'em. The order is not necessarily representative of the show, except that they opened with Too Much Pork followed by Funnel of Love, and the final number was The Great Atomic Power.

Too Much Pork for Just One Fork
Funnel of Love
Double Wide
Dirt Track Date
Wet Spot
Mojo Box
Jack the Ripper (I think - it was either that or Deja Vroom)
House of Bamboo (I about peed my pants with delight over the inclusion of this one)

mary1.jpg

Voodoo Cadillac
Rose Garden
Wolverton Mountain
The Man Who Wrestles the Bear
Happy Jack
Life's a Gas
Liquored Up and Lacquered Down
Corn Liquor
King of the Mountain
Viva del Santo (another pants pee-er - complete with masked Santo onstage, dancing with wild abandon)

santo2.jpg

Chicken Shit Farmer
Eight-Piece Box
Tobacco Road
White Trash
Meximelt
The Great Atomic Power


dave4.jpg

I'm happy to report that I survived the onslaught of flung fried chicken with nary a grease spot on me. Well, none that I didn't make myself.

If you're inclined to check out all my cameraphone shots from the show, you can viddy my SCOTS set on Flickr.

2 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I rather like these photos - makes you feel like you are right in on the action. And the one of Eeyore???? Good grief...now just send that on over to cuteoverload.com right now!

6:33 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Eeyore! What a sweet little licky face.

Sounds like you had a good time at the concert.

6:52 PM, May 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home