the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Spontaneous orgasms ahead

Aaaaaah, finally...like the watched pot that never arrives on the FedEx truck, I thought my computer would never get here. If you recall, I ordered the sumbitch in late August, had to re-order in September, was told at first it would arrive in mid-October, and was then informed it would not be here until late November.

There were nails gnawed, floors paced, hands wrung, bricks shit.

But today, yes, lovely lovely day that today is, my Mac Mini did finally glide to me in the arms of a swarthy delivery driver. I assembled all the pieces, and then did some more gnawing, pacing, wringing, and shitting while I waited for the fuckin' thing to warm up, as it had been on a cold truck all day, and I figgered it would be perhaps a bad idea to start it up in its frigid state.

But finally, the Mini was warm, as was my heart, and I've spent all day installing software, important software, like MS Office and...and...and...the Sims.

Be still, my thumping heart, and let the creaming of the jeans commence.

And the angels sang
Can you hear the angels sing?

Of course, not everyone is as pleased as I am. Jess, for one, cautioned me that I would have to leave my room sometime, at least to use the toilet. (Uhhhhh...oops! Good thing I didn't pay too much for that chair...) And the kittens are, frankly, pissed off. They will now have to learn a new operating system.

Now, if you'll excuse me, there are movies to be made, songs to be recorded, and chairs to be soiled.

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Whoo hoo! Can't wait for those movies...

6:30 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Oooooh... Ahhhh... (I'm oohing and ahing over the computer... not requiring a new chair of my own... sheesh!)

I've been tempted to make the leap to Mac, but haven't yet. Perhaps someday.

7:02 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Finally here. I suppose we now reap the benefits in the form of movies and songs?

BTW, the kittens are young, they'll learn the new OS.

11:52 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Platypus said...

Fantastic, Bucky! Glad it's finally arrived. I look forward to many more pictures and movies - although perhaps in a day or so when you've ... ahem ... 'calmed down'...

3:34 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

NICE! You are gonna have sooo much fun with that OS.

I love my Mac.

4:17 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hooray for you!! Glad you finally got it!

8:28 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

I told you the kittens were just the right size to warm that sucker up with their butts, they will get to it eventually.

12:22 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!

9:00 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want my money back, Bucky. I've read this entry several times now, and have not had any spontaneous orgasms (as noted in the title). I've had to work for every damn one... sheesh.

10:11 PM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Scotchguard your chair. It's worth the investment. ;o)

12:39 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I assume you are still having fun playing with your Mac Mini. As one who was without a computer for a month, I have experienced other ways of having fun.

3:20 PM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home