the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, May 10, 2007

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I sure hope I'm getting paid by the word

Tonight, the world is my puppet show. Only with photographs instead of puppets. Hard to tell the difference sometimes, innit? Y'ever find yourself trying to jam your hand up the ass of a Polaroid?

No?

I'll be slinking away in a fantastic imitation of shame now.


Oh, it's THAT kind of bookstore.
Imagine my consternation upon seeing this in my small-town childhood book shop. Oh, it's that kind of bookstore now, is it?




Spiderman 3
Toby Maguire lookin' all badass in Spiderman 3.




187:  As if I could pass this sign without a picture
This is my small-town childhood grocery store. Now it's all about the Almighty Wiener, baby.




Magnetic poetry 7:  Plus, you'll go blind
...so don't forget to put down a tarp!

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... ok.

3:30 AM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Heee. I just saw you at Nilbo's saying "Shit fire!" ohmygosh, I haven't heard that since I was little. Except I heard it more like, "Shit far!" (Which, now that I think of it, is a whole 'nother "skill" altogether.)

7:14 AM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I wondered what all of these pictures were for when I checked Flickr!

10:48 AM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

I think you should sue the bookstore for false advertising. Unless, of course, it HAS become that kind of bookstore, in which case, my kids can't shop there when we come visit. ;)

6:43 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

"Y'ever find yourself trying to jam your hand up the ass of a Polaroid?"
Now I know the story behind They Might Be Giants's hit "Put your hand inside the puppet head"!
/got the song stuck in my head now
//slashies

9:17 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Dunno if antone else thought it was a hit, I liked it anyways.

9:18 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

MD -

"Quit myyyyyyyyyyy job down at the carwash
Didn't have to write no one a good-bye note
That said, 'The check's in the mail, and
I'll see you in church, and don't you ever change'
If the pu-pu-puppet head
Was only bu-bu-busted in
I'll see you after school..."

11:43 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I echo JD's Rose: "Ummm... ok."

1:35 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

your s is upside down...

3:17 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Happy Mom o' Kitties Day :)

2:14 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

Have you been overtaken by the German weiners?

10:51 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Come over and play "Fact or Crap" on my site. :)

11:03 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Crap. Not that site. My other one.
http://insertsomethingwittyhere.wordpress.com/

11:04 PM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home