the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Jumping to Conclusions

I decided I wanted to try my hand at some jump blues, so here's a brand-spankin'-new track, "Jumping to Conclusions."

******************

******************

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

HA! That's great, Bucky!

1:43 PM, May 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You KNOW we thought there was going to be a "cunt" in that second verse. But then you couldn't have performed at my church.
I'm so crazy about you. Keep singing.

2:34 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic!

5:14 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

So that CD...it's almost done, now, right? RIGHT???

MOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

9:31 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mrtl - but would you *marry* it?

CKelli - thanks! I mean that from the bottom of my nutsack.

Susie - heh heh, I wondered if anyone else would assume that would be the natural rhyme. I was going with the blues tradition of being dirty without going quite over the edge.

Mainline mom - Thank you, ma'am!

HTGT - y'all have now heard everything I have in the can at this point. But don't worry - I'm busily writing new tunes and dusting off some old favorites (like "Mommy Makes Me Do My Hair This Way").

12:18 AM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, yes! Mommy makes me do my hair this way. That sounds very familiar.

I really like this one. Another part of the blues tradition, taking from your own life's experiences.
:-)

7:47 AM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

This sort of fits somewhere between Van Morrison (on the What's Wrong with this Picture CD, appropriately enough) and a tune or three from Blue Lou and the Accusations. Which I'm more than fine with both comparisons, so, thumbs up. Go off a bit more on the drums, beat them skins.

9:50 AM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - Mommy DID make me do my hair that way!

Mr. B - The only way I could beat them skins is to tap the computer screen (no real drums, just loops).

12:28 PM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Birdlips said...

Ohhhh...

I can't wait until my kid (who some how has your DNA in him) to play guitar for you.
:)
Kaytard knows I am tone deaf. Where did my kid get it from????
Maybe I sat on the toilet seat after Katy?

7:44 PM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool, Bucky!

10:56 AM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Cherie - I'm pretty sure I impregnated you after a drunken dinner at the Ambassador.

SSNick - thanks! Good to see you have a computer once more.

11:21 AM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Kranki said...

That is awesome! Seriously, you have to get thee out on the road with a band.

2:22 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

actually BFE, depending on what software you are using to record, there are some great plugins that will really let you tweak and punch individual instruments, even if they are loops.

I'm like Mr. B - I want to her just a little more punch on the keys during the solo.

(I grew up in a blues-mad household: thats almost all my parents listen to)

Love it!

11:00 AM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Wonderful, and so totally you!

6:58 PM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

love it...man I've been gone too long =)

dc

12:50 AM, May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home