the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, March 04, 2005

Mix CD: Chick Songs I

OK, I had such a good time posting my funk CD I thought I'd put another one up. I swear I won't do this again in place of writing. Not this week, anyway.

  1. High Road Easy - Sass Jordan
  2. Rock and Roll -- Susan Tedeschi
  3. Your Little Secret -- Melissa Etheridge
  4. Can't Turn You Loose -- Angela Strehli
  5. Tee Ni Ne Ni Nu -- Lou Ann Barton
  6. Superstar -- Sheryl Crow
  7. Barracuda -- Heart
  8. Chuck E's in Love -- Rickie Lee Jones
  9. You Got the Love -- Rufus/Chaka Khan
  10. If Love Was a Train -- Michelle Shocked
  11. Sunny Came Home -- Shawn Colvin
  12. Sweet Dreams -- the Eurythmics
  13. La Ti Da -- Marcia Ball
  14. Who Walks In? -- Candye Kane
  15. Everybody's Talkin' About Miss Thing -- Lavay Smith and the Red-Hot Skillet Lickers
  16. How Strong is a Woman -- Etta James
  17. Love-O-Rama -- Southern Culture on the Skids
  18. Not My Idea -- Garbage
  19. Are You Happy Now? -- No Doubt
  20. Fog Town -- Michelle Shocked

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to date a guy that was a close and personal friend of Michelle Shocked. He dumped me for a much better looking woman.

1:46 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Better looking than you, or better looking than Michelle Shocked?
Either way, I'm sure you're too good for him. :)

1:50 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Brrrrrr goes the buzzer!

What, no Edie Brickell? No Concrete Blonde? No Joan Jett? And only ONE Etta entry?

3:36 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Keep your drawers on, Mr. B -- I got Concrete Blonde aplenty. Got some Joan. Got some more Etta. Don't have any Edie Brickell, but a trip to iTunes could change all that. . .

3:40 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I've got the ways and means, to New Orleans... Ah yes, what a great voice. I'm loving the Mojave CD too.

Edie is not for everyone it seems, but I love her stuff.

4:50 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

HOLY CRAP!? No Bonnie Raitt on this list?!

4:53 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, sitchyer ass down, Mr. B. Doesn't your mother need you or something?

6:33 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Have you heard The Donnas? Their Spend the night cd is quite good, and also L7 rocks pretty hard, their Bricks are Heavy cd has some great stuff.


But when I want mellow chick music its allllll about Dido.

7:18 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Jess, I saw the Donnas on (I think it was) The View, and they really impressed me with their performance. And to my eye, it seemed like they were actually performing, which you don't always get nowadays.
L7 is another one of those bands I've heard and like, but never quite got around to havin' a copy. Which is amazing, considering how many CDs I buy.

7:23 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

I HEART Chuck E's in Love.

8:29 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Dido is wicked yet Amy Lee is the one I'm infatuated with :) The Donna's rock and I'd like to catch them the next time they're up my way. "skin tight baby alright!!". I'm probably among a small group but I thought Veruca Salt had some talent in their day.

dc

8:54 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Dang, I enjoy Veruca Salt quite a bit, I saw them live once and they put on a really great show. I have the Eight arms to hold you album, tho I must admit its been awhile since I played it. I really enjoyed the Shutterbug song...

9:06 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Was just listening to some Joss Stone tonight and deciding what should be on "Chick Songs 2"

And just for Mr. B, I promise there will be some Joan Jett!

Amanda, you ever check out anything by the song's subject, Chuck E Weiss? His CD "Extremely Cool" is extremely weird, but in an addictive way.

9:24 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

wow, 2 Michelle Shocked and a Shawn Colvin (both of whom I saw here at LVD"S before they were famous.) I am impressed. Now if there was only some Nanci Griffith and Mary Chapin Carpenter

10:12 PM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

oh yeah, and i love the donnas DO YOU WANNA HIT IT

10:17 PM, March 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home