the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, March 07, 2005

They say I'm cocky, and I say "What?"

Jim went to a Flint Generals (our UHL team) hockey game yesterday, and they were hosting the Motor City Mechanics. Now, this game was especially momentous for my man, who is mourning the loss of the NHL season, because the Mechanics have three former Detroit Red Wings (Chris Chelios, Darrien Hatcher, and Kris Draper) and the Generals have two former Red Wings (Jason Wooley and Kevin Miller). This is as close as it gets to the real thing this season.

Kid Rock came out and dropped the puck to begin the game, and the woman sitting next to Jim showed him a flyer she was carrying, and told him the story to go with it:

This woman and her husband had been up to the VIP area of Perani's Arena, and their journey took them past the suite where the Kid was ensconced. She wrote on her flyer, "Kid, will you sign this?" and put it under the door. The flyer promptly disappeared, then came back under to her with Kid's answer:

"Yes."

Smartass! So she wrote, "Well, sign it then!" and slid it back under. A moment later, the flyer reappeared with a nice Kid Rock autograph on it.

Nice to know success doesn't preclude a grown man behaving like a cheeky monkey.

6 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger LadyBug said...

How funny.

I bet she sells the flyer (along with the story) on ebay.

3:41 PM, March 07, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Aw, I like stories about famous people being nice. And cheeky. Nice and cheeky.

5:40 PM, March 07, 2005  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

That Kid...what a kidder!!

Just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today and supporting Greyhound Rescue & Rehab!

6:55 PM, March 07, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Jim and I need to get together and decide who misses the Wings more. I am so desperate for a hockey fix, I drove three hours to Ann Arbor and three hours back saturday night for a college hockey game.

8:49 PM, March 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

'Bear, that's some hockey jones you got goin' on there!
Jim wears his love for the Red Wings on his sleeve. . .literally. He's got a nifty Red Wings tattoo on his left arm. I'll have to post a pic of it.

9:09 PM, March 07, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

You've GOT TO POST that picture of his tatoo! I have been threatening to do that for years, It's always how i am gonna reward myself when I reach my diet goal. And we all know how THAT has worked out!

8:00 PM, March 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home