the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, September 07, 2007

Watch it while you can!

The last version of this that I had favorited got yanked off of YouTube, so play this before it disappears. Gwen Verdon's dancing, Bob Fosse's choreography, and Unk's tune.




I've seen other videos that lay modern tracks over classic video, but none so far that work as perfectly as this one (not to mention that this one is just plain amusing).

Now I need to go work on copying these killer dance moves...I think it will really wow the ladies.

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky,

Please be sure to make a video of you doing said moves.

Thanks!

T

1:32 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Well, I know for a fact I can do a shoulder roll. But I think I threw out all my polyester bell bottoms. (And again, my dear Bucky, what search terms are you using that you find this treasure on the Internet?)

1:45 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Jonn Wood said...

What's really weird is that if those were black girls dressed in hot pants and babytees with a car behind them, this could be the actual video.

2:05 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Candy said...

OMG that is EXACTLY my old stage routine. WTF

2:08 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

T - if I don't destroy the camera in the process, sure!

HTGT - We can get you more bell bottoms. Just so you have the skillz.

--J - I know, it's just so fucking PERFECT.

Jess - I always suspected you were all about the Fosse moves. Jazz hands! Or, in the case of your particular routine, Jazz tits!

2:17 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wowzer.

2:20 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

That really does match up perfectly. I wonder what the original song was. And those pantsuits, omg.

5:20 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

When trumpets were mellow
And ev'ry gal only had one fellow
No need to remember when
'Cause ev'ry thing old is new again

(Dancin' at) Your Long Island Jazz Age parties
Waiter, bring us more Bacardis
We'll order now what they ordered then
'Cause ev'ry thing old is new again

Get out your white suit, your tap shoes and tails
Let's go backwards when all else(forward) fails
And movie stars you thought were long dead
Now are framed beside your bed

Don't throw the past away
You might need it some rainy day
Dreams can come true again
When ev'ry thing old is new again

...name that film...

6:57 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here's the reverse unk dancing to the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cplMunRX8Xg

7:03 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm… I wonder if I could dance with my cane.

8:37 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

I'm too afrit to look...

3:32 PM, September 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home