the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mix CD: SNAFU (Situation Normal, All Funked Up)

  1. Brick House -- The Commodores
  2. Superstitious -- Stevie Wonder
  3. Mother Popcorn -- James Brown
  4. Cut the Cake -- Average White Band
  5. Give Up the Funk -- Parliament
  6. Me and Baby Brother -- War
  7. Thank You (Fallettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) -- Sly and the Family Stone
  8. Play That Funky Music -- Wild Cherry
  9. Serpentine Fire -- Earth Wind and Fire
  10. Sex Machine -- James Brown
  11. What is Hip? -- Tower of Power
  12. Love Rollercoaster -- The Ohio Players
  13. Dance With Me -- Rufus and Chaka Khan
  14. Pick Up the Pieces -- Average White Band
  15. Dance to the Music -- Sly and the Family Stone
  16. The Crunge -- Led Zeppelin
  17. Burnin' On -- Reverend Right-Time and the First Cuzins of Funk
  18. Get on the Good Foot -- James Brown
  19. Jungle Boogie -- Kool and the Gang
  20. Superfly -- Curtis Mayfield
  21. Unfunky UFO -- Parliament

10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Amy said...

k I am totally on the hunt for these songs. Have copied and pasted this list. You really should get royalties for putting it all together.

8:47 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Amy, you go get funky witchyer bad self in the Great White North!

8:51 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

You like these songs? You're killing me. This is MY favorite music era, for which I have been all kinds of ridiculed. Will you do The Bump with me to Jungle Boogie?

And, come closer, I'm shy . . . I did it! I'm a blogger! Come and see me. And be gentle, I'm new . . .

8:59 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I think I did something wrong. If you can't get there by clicking my name, it's http://uhohnowlook.blogspot.com

9:01 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Groovy blog, Susie! I believe I'm your first post, though I know better than the proclaim the "F" word only to be hoisted by my own petard.

I can't dance to save my life, but I just love ass-shakin' music. I can tap my toes like all get-out.

I'll post some of my other mix CDs. My taste in music runs from the ridiculous to Sublime.

9:14 PM, March 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chaka Khan! Oh, Bucky...I'm so proud to be one of your bitches...

Post more song listies please! If you don't mind , I'll be ripping you off.

9:25 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Oh I cant let Nick see this, he would be bobbling all over in no time. Jungle Boogie is his favorite. I got him a funk cd last year he plays all the time. One complaint tho, where is Funky Town on that list?

Take me to,Funky Town.

2:01 AM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Truthfully, Jess, if I had a copy of Funkytown, I'd have probably put it on there instead of Unfunky UFO, which isn't a bad song, but I would consider it my least fave of the bunch.

8:07 AM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Would make a nice addition to a copy of this I have:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000007S30/qid=1109954234/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-1128672-6708935

11:39 AM, March 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, no, Mr. B! It's got Joe Tex's Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman) -- I haven't heard that since the '70s!

Funky flashbacks. . .

12:03 PM, March 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home