the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, April 28, 2005

SPD: Show Us Your Funny Duds (Part 2)


Darth Vader works for me.

I wish we'd done this SPD theme a month or so ago, before I threw out all the funky old clothes I didn't want anymore, including my 7-Eleven smock! So now, the weirdest article of clothing I own (that I will actually publish a picture of) is my vampire/monk/freak robe. It's black crushed velvet and would look right at home as upholstery in a '70s love-on-wheels, shag-carpeted hippie van, or in a cheesy whorehouse. Take your pick.

19 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Katy,

I did a search this morning for "freaky chicks in vampire clothes," and you were the first one to come up. As it should be.

I am looking for evening ladies who can be available to fill in for me at my public appearances. I am not as young or even as talented as I used to be. You're pretty old, but still apparently quite talented.

Beauty, wit, long hair, and a combination vagina/echo chamber are all plusses in this job. I feel you are the perfect Elvira stand-in.

Please come to my site to reply.

Thank you, Katy, dear.

Elvira, MotD

8:44 AM, April 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take "cheesy whorehouse" for twenty dollahs, Alex.

As an aside, I can't believe you did the "Funny Duds" SPD pic in the employee restroom, Bucky. Does no one ever wonder what the heck you're doing in there?

9:16 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

shit is it thrusday?

9:34 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

You can't fool me. A crushed velvet robe ...? This was a blatant effort to get back at JessicaRabbit for turning your hair brushing time into a moistfest.

9:36 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I want that robe.

9:56 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I clicked here this morning fully expecting the assless chaps. But a milkmaid costume would be good.

"Assless chaps" would be a great name for a British Punk band.

9:56 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Given the choice between shag-carpted hippie van and cheesy whorehouse, I'll always pick the whorehouse. Because in the immortal words of Snoop Dogg: "pimpery pays."

9:59 AM, April 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? Now all you need is a Ouija board and you're read to answer the door for whatever Jehovah's Witness/Morman/Baptist/AmWay Representative/Dark Lord that happens to knock!

10:03 AM, April 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father...is that you? Why father, why did you choose the dark side. I won't give up on you, I can still sense goodness...IT'S NOT TOO LATE...JOIN ME FATHER!!!!

11:35 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Squirl -

I can arrange that - color choice?

11:38 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Opera, black of course!

11:59 AM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

how in heaven's name did you acquire this lovely cloak?

4:30 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Elvira - Do you have a push up up up bra that I can wear for this gig? And will I need to cease using said vagina for runoff motorcycle parking while I work?

LadyBug - Yes, I did in fact take this picture in the can at work this morning. I come in earlier than most people in the building, and I warned the two gals at the reception desk. Showed 'em the robe, explained SPD themes, and they laughed and said, "Nothing you do would surprise us, Katy." But, you know, for somebody unwarned to walk into the can and see me takin' pictures of myself in the mirror in a black, hooded robe...I could see some jumping to conclusions goin' on there.

Nilbo - I hadn't thought of it as revenge, but now that you mention it...This is for my poor, abused hairbrush, Pope Jess! Looks like I got the fuckin' papal robes today, ha!

("moistfest" Nilbo? You silver-tongued devil)

Spoonie - if you wanna see the milkmaid outfit, you gotta be willing to pull up the milkin' stool.

The assless chaps are not funny duds. Not 'til they're framin' my ass, of course.

Squirl, the cloak can be rented in exchange for certain promises of um-ray ake-cay.

HDL - What, you don't traipse about town dressed like that? Ha, I'm not an Ozzy impersonator by profession, but I used to sing a mean Crazy Train. Them high notes hurt. It's my Halloween vampire cloak, dude. And, duh, I wear it in the bathroom at work, of course.

Annejelynn - I got it at a costume/novelty shop in Flint called Seventh Heaven. It's actually purty cheap. But I feel so eeeeeevil in it.

Luke, others who wish to be the Dark Lord...Jabba says you have to leave me alone. I have Hutt Immunity.

And pimpin' is always the proper answer. Every time.

5:27 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Ok first. MY cloak is real velvet and satin and was WAY WAY expensive so therefore, Im so better then you.

However, it seems to be of no consequence because I still want to jump right through this computer screen and rub all over you like a slathering, deranged shortcake pope on a mission from God.

Crap, I guess that negates the whole better then you part of this comment.

Bitch.

6:02 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Muahahahaaaa...
My hairbrush's revenge is complete.

You cannot have-a the Mango!

6:05 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I will use rum cake to entice you over for a trip!

6:14 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

That's hot!

Yes, I've been hanging out with Nicole too much.

7:22 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

somehow strangely erotic.... it scares me I would find Darth Vader attractive!

9:23 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You know, Squirl, I do have a birthday next month...and candles would look stunning on a rum cake...

Zombie - I knew this outfit would attract the undead. Mom warned me about boys like you.

Bear - I'm all about strangely erotic.

9:42 PM, April 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home