the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, June 09, 2006

Annoyed but lightheaded

Today, I'm not terribly enamored of either doctors or pharmacies.

Truthfully, I can't place all the blame on the quacks and the drug dispensers. I've put off seeing a doctor here and getting a new prescription for a different allergy medicine. Wednesday, I realized that I only had on Clarinex left, so I figured I'd just bite the bullet and get my refill on that. Then I looked at the label: 1 refill before June 7, 2006. Since it was actually the 7th, I didn't think it would be a huge deal, so I took it to the pharmacy at Target. About ten minutes into my aimless shopping, I heard myself paged to come back to the pharmacy. Turns out they'd have to call my doctor on this, and his office had long closed for the day. They promised to contact him Thursday, so I took my Season 1 DVD of Robot Chicken and left.

I was a little busy yesterday, so I never got around to returning to Target. When I went this afternoon, however, I was informed that my doctor had never returned their call. So, I'm hoping they'll get this shit all straightened out by the time I go back there on Monday. In the meantime, I'm taking some over-the-counter allergy meds for the weekend, and hoping that wards off the cat cooties.

Seriously, though - I know pharmacies have rules they must follow, but it was on the 7th, and it's not like it was a 'scrip for oxycontin or something. And my doctor back in Flint can just blow me. He's never gonna look at my monkey again, anyway.


Now...on to the fun part of this bitchy, crabby post.

The reason I was too busy to go to Target yesterday is that I was taking care of something that was looooooong overdue.

Remember that mass of poop-covered horses' tails I used to call my hairdo? Well, I finally went to a real salon and had it lopped the fuck off. When the stylist got done cutting, there was a pile of damaged hair on the floor large enough to construct a Yeti with split ends.

I was going to hold off on posting a picture until Jess could dye it for me, but my impatient nature would not allow that kind of restraint. So here ya go.


Chopped!

It was a big leap of faith for me to have that much hair shorn, but now that it's done, I feel so much better, and my hair feels soooo much healthier. I'll post pics after the dye is on, as I'm going even redder than last time.

ps: I also went to the waxer this week, and I believe I have shown remarkable restraint by not giving you yet another monthly monkey update.

24 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Candy said...

Hella cute.

I am so glad you trust me and that I can give you a picture and say " tell them to do this to your hair" and you just go, ok.

Hella hella hella cute.

10:06 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

Careful, you might just give away your biggest secret: you're pretty.

10:07 PM, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great. I love your pretty green eyes.

10:21 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Bucky Crocker you ain't! Jess is right -- HELLA cute!!! Good luck on the claritin weekend!

12:25 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

That is a totally bitchin' hairdo!
I know, she's all turning you into a girl and shit, but can I just say, it's totally worth it?
Besides, you now know the allure of smelling like warm vanilla sugar.

1:19 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Does your hair just swoop into your face fetching like that on its own? I'm so jealous. Looks terrific. Enjoy the benefits of your newly found cuteness.

1:28 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

I loooove the new 'do. It was time for a change. I'm jealous because you have all that thick hair and I don't. You look fab-a-lus!

Good luck on the allergy meds!

7:39 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

So pretty.

And I am convinced that people with common sense are absolutely not permitted to work in pharmacies.

9:50 AM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger lawbrat said...

My jaw has dropped. My eyes have grown to saucers. You, my dear, are absolutely beautiful!! You can see your face now! Your eyes are awesome.

1:28 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

Looks good! I am a critic of such things, being married to a talented hairdresser.

If you ever need a referral to a good place in Chi-Town let me know. She used to own a salon there.

7:42 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

Oh, and the reason I started to write... my doctor won't see me for an appointment for 2-3 months, so if I need drugs (for physical disorders) I need to obtain them illegally.

Once I met a drug-rep friend in a dark parking lot and paid him $20 for a box of antibiotic samples.

It is insane.

7:45 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG you are ADORABLE! Love love LOVE the hair!

9:02 PM, June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you look gorgeous, woman.

2:03 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Awww ... lookit the cute haircut with highlights .. why, with any luck, John Stamos will be calling soon ...

4:43 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Great cut. But cm is wrong.. we all knew you are pretty, it wasn't a secret!

4:47 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

oooh --sexy Bucky! the red will make your green eyes just *pop*! Loving the cut! And yes--your restraint is formidable!

5:39 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

*wolf whistle*
Very nice, Bucky! :oD

6:44 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Hello GORGEOUS! :)

LOVE the hair!

7:06 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Youse guys and gals are so veddy veddy sweet...thank you thank you thank you!

7:11 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh, and I'm a total tard - I found a 'scrip bottle with a January '07 refill cutoff, and Target filled it for me within 15 minutes.

I never said I wasn't senile under my new hair.

7:12 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Bucky, you look lovely! Happy for you!

8:46 AM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is some sexy hair!

10:05 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I love the hair.
Fabulous.

12:04 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

You be lookin' all hot n shit

12:11 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home