the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, October 09, 2006

Lazy Bucky's quickies

  • When I logged into my Blogger dashboard to write this post, I noticed that my number of posts was 666. I guess that makes this post the Whore of Babylon.

  • TV shows that have me totally enthralled: Project Runway (duh), Weeds, and Dexter. I can't tell you how blissfully, awesomely, orgasmically thrilled I am that Jess switched us over from HBO to Showtime. Let's face it - the new season of The Sopranos will be at least twelve more years in the making (barring contract disputes), and I'm not invested enough in Big Love to be that heartbroken if I miss it. Last night, I saw my first episode of Dexter (it was the show's second eppie), which is a riveting series about a police blood spatter expert who also happens to be a serial killer by night. He's a sociopath who uses his "hobby" (human vivisection) to deliver vigilante justice. The thing is, you can't not root for him. It's completely twisted and I couldn't look away. Color me hooked. I'm also quite addicted to Weeds (oh, like that joke's never been made before...), a show about a suburban mom who grows and sells pot to support her family after her husband dies. I'm just coming in on the second season, and I love it so much that I just ordered the first season on DVD so I can catch up. It's just so wrong. Mary-Louise Parker is absolutely brilliant and hilarious as newly widowed Nancy Botwell, a mother of two who suddenly finds herself in the role of local chronic dealer. The first episode I saw featured Nancy's pre-teen son learning about the finer points of masturbation from Nancy's charming yet dope-addled brother-in-law (the kid learns new uses for a banana peel, and develops a whole new interest in fruit...I can never look at bananas the same way again). The show is a woefully short 30 minutes, and it's always done before I'm ready for it to be done. Couldn't they make it an hour, just for me?

  • Eeyore peed on me as I slept last night. Apparently, though he tolerates being in the same room with the kittens, he felt the need to register his protest. Either that, or he was trying to frame Friday and Thirteen for the crime. Too bad for Eeyore that even both kittens peeing in tandem could never pee that much at one time. Busted!

  • I paid off my student loan today! Ten years after graduation, I can finally toss that albatross into the meat grinder. Now I can work on my Master's degree. (three..two...one...) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! Um, no. That won't be happening. Not unless I can get a Master's in boob grabbing.

  • Just shoot me: Apple sent me an email this weekend, and instead of receiving my Mac Mini this weekend as scheduled, they won't be able to ship it until late November. Fuckers. If I had balls, they'd have me by 'em good and tight.

10 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Bring on the Maiden!

7:59 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yay for 666!

I don't have any of the pay channels. I did just start watching Desperate Housewives. I missed My Name is Earl last week, though.

Naughty, naughty Eeyore. He's sweet but not so bright.

Congrats on the loan being done! I can't stand to think about a Master's degree either. Well, I'd like to have it, just don't feel like working on it.

Just ask Electric Boogaloo. Steve Jobs sucks.

8:28 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Not very sexy for a Whore of Babylon post, now, is it?? Where are the beasts? And the horns? And the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?? Or was it Cats of the Apocalypse? Hmmmmm...

9:44 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

What does Jess think about post # 666 falling into her favorite spooky month?

12:34 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Golly gee WHIZ, Bucky, I HOPE Apple is compensating for all this freakin' time they're taking. I would totally bitch about it and try to get 'em to knock a sawbuck or two off the price.

If you were here, I'd pee on you too, just to make you feel at home because I'm a giver.

9:27 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Mute button = possibly the best invention. Ever.
Especially during commercials.
:o)

10:07 AM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I'd miss Deadwood too much without HBO. I'll get the DVDs for "Dexter" though; that looks like a great show.

1:31 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Masters in Boob Grabbing? I think that's in the same college section as Ball Shifting and Groping Ass on the Dancefloor.

I think...

3:24 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm afraid to watch Dexter... I'm afraid I'll really like it, and soon, I won't have any time to blog if I keep amassing favorite tv shows...

10:21 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Kranki said...

Hey! My cat dialed 666 on the phone the other day. Must be the full moon or something.

1:02 AM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home