the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, September 18, 2006

Cats? Check. Monkeys? Check. Poop? Check.

Just a few thoughts pulled straight from the heart of my ass.

  • I was asked if I was serving drinks to the Village Wobbles in my new masthead.

    masthead_header_vpwobbles
    (This one, if you're seeing it later)

    Not only am I serving them drinks, I am their adoring Mexican fag hag.

  • A few years ago in Detroit, I was sitting in a car with some friends, waiting for traffic to clear so we could leave the parking lot after what was likely a pitiful baseball game. I couldn't tell you a thing about the game, but what I do remember about the day was that a guy came up to the window to ask for a light, and then started begging for coins, cash, whatever.

    My friend who was driving cooly refused, and then the guy whipped out the pity card line: "Man, I only got a nickel in my pocket - and it's Canadian." Because that cheerless nickel wasn't even technically worth five cents. It was a true effort on my part not to laugh out loud. My friend fished out thirty-five cents and said, "Here's enough to make a phone call." which is more than the guy was gonna get in the first place, so he must've amused him with the line, too.

  • Less than a month 'til my Mac Mini is delivered. breathe, Bucky, breathe...

    Did I tell you about the delay in processing? I'm too lazy to go look, so if I already did, just skip to the next section and know that I'm a step closer to the adult diapers and round-tipped scissors.

    I ordered my computer last month, and my order coincided with the release of a slightly upgraded model (faster processor and increased hard-drive capacity). It takes longer to prep and ship, but I get a 160 GB hard drive instead of 120 GB, and it didn't cost appreciably more. So, it shall be worth the wait. But the wait is makin' me squirrely (no offense, Squirl).

  • We all know that I have an absence of talent with the large paint brush, but I'm going to try my hand at the tiny paint brushes soon and see if I can still paint anything I like. I might show it to you here, and all I ask is that you not be too unkind when you gently inform me that it looks like monkeys flung brightly colored poop at the canvas.

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger I'm not here. said...

"all I ask is that you not be too unkind when you gently inform me that it looks like monkeys flung brightly colored poop at the canvas."
Yes, but it will be the prettest poop ever thrown at a canvas.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Like brightly colored shit on canvas...why doesn't anyone write about that???
*goes off to discuss form and shading with monkey sculptors*

11:49 PM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started reading this and I couldn't get past the title. Poop check? We do that on Buddy still.

"Hey, something stinks. Buddy, c'mere. Time for a poop check..."

(going off to read the blog now)

9:16 AM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*wonders how come Bucky seems to be the only Apple buyer that doesn't flaunt an Apple Elitist atitude*

9:29 AM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Mr B, that's because Bucky is a true artist who understands the machine for usefulness factor rather than the cool factor.

Can't wait for you to get your new MAC. I know you'll have fun with it.

I'm gonna have a lot more pocket change after we leave Grand Rapids. But that was a good line. He deserved his 35 cents.

I want to see some new paintings from you. My only painting lately has been from the large brush and roller variety. But it made my rooms the colors I wanted and I'm happy with that.

11:01 AM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Mr B, thats cause Bucky still remembers the usefulness of the command-line, fer chrissakes. She isn't one of those "if it doesn't have an artsy, glass-like GUI, I can't function" types.

5:44 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

I'd be that cat's adoring fag hag anyday.

7:27 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you and Wobbles now an official couple?

11:12 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

So they've removed the artsy, glass-like GUI from Apples these days? Shocking is what it is.

9:35 AM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I knew it! An adoring drink server for the kitty cats. Rock on with you, Bucky!!

8:33 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

i didnt say they removed it, i just meant Bucky plays in both sandboxes, without whining, throwing things or being mean, thats all.

10:40 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

Squirl, I would say that every household ought to have a Mac around because of the tool factor. I have two ya know...my old trusty grape iMac and now this G3 tower with PhotoshopCS. e are looking at getting a used refurbished Clamshell (laptop) in tangerine. Do these things really ever die?!

9:37 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Lytorurn said...


It is simpler to discover new skills and get many items with the assistance of the new world coins buy . People can utilize the MMOGAH solidly to grab the new world coins swifter. By making use of this amazing site, someone can obtain more information about new world coins.

2:16 AM, December 02, 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home