the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Viddy this

It's a strange, powerful sensation that washes over me when I realize, over and over again at random intervals, that anything happening or changing in this house is based solely on my decision (well, and the conventions of a civilized society, more or less). I still haven't quite gotten over the thrill ride of having two - TWO! - bathrooms all to myself. Conceivably, I could designate a bodily function for each bathroom, if I chose to: the Master Bath is for number two and the SpongeBob Bath is for number one. In reality, I'm much more spontaneous than that, but a girl can dream, can't she?

The SpongeBob bathroom
Poop-free dreams

Another thing that still takes me by surprise is the fact that I have control of all the remotes in the house. These days, there are a lot of them. TV remote, cable remote, DVD/surround remote, PS2 remote, vibrator remote iTunes computer remote...yeah, I'm the boss, applesauce. Sure, I could probably consolidate into fewer remotes, but how impressive would that be when I have company? My skills at home entertainment are few, so let's not whittle the list down even further, hmmmm?

My consumption of DVD-based entertainment has risen astronomically since I moved, and I still have a stack of movies I haven't even watched yet. Squirl let me borrow season one of Desperate Housewives last week, and I devoured at least a disc a day. I also watched El Mariachi (one of those movies that's good enough that you completely forget you're reading subtitles) and have started on Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection, which is some delightfully bizarre shit.

However, last night, I saw the weirdest, most lovingly twisted slice of cinema I've seen in a long time, a movie called Me and You and Everyone We Know. I have to give kudos to Flying Mermaid for alerting me to the existence of this flick by way of a clip she had posted on her website:



So wrong. So very, very wrong. Just having this scene alone on the DVD would've been worth what I paid for it, but the rest of the movie is can't-look-away fascinating as well. I don't even know how to describe it, but I couldn't stop watching when it was on, and I can't stop thinking about it today, so I know it really got under my skin. And isn't the younger brother in this scene just about the cutest kid in the world?

Movies on my shelf which I have yet to watch are Unforgiven (which I've seen lots of times, but I haven't watched my DVD yet), Natural Born Killers (ditto), Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny, Desperado, and A Scanner Darkly. Also, I've had For Your Consideration and all seasons of Arrested Development recommended to me, so I have a feeling I won't be straying from the television anytime soon.

Finally, on a totally unrelated note (well, I guess I could relate it by saying that I also control the decor in this house, but fuck it - that sounds like too much trouble), in honor of 4/20, I bring you my very special friend, Towelie.


170:  Don't forget to bring a towel!
Don't forget to bring a towel!

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally saw it! I'd heard about it when it came out, and wanted to see it, but never did, then forgot about it until someone bulletined that clip about a year ago and I lost my shit.

Until then I had an absolutely stark page, and had sworn to keep it that way. Then I thought myself absurdly techno savvy to get that clip up there. Because it plays automatically on my page, I have heard it thousands of times and never get sick of it. Must have heard it about 100 times before I ever thought to get to the movie.

As you said, the clip itself is about all you need in life (well, that and -- didja watch what I just e-mailed you, that may not be for your audience here, my new hero?) but then there's this whole wonderful movie. The thing is, though, by the time I saw the movie I thought those 2 boys were mine, so it was almost more than I could bear to see more of them, starring in their own movie. Made me cry.

3:54 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

6 thumbs up for Natural Born Killers.

9:03 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Dr. JAT said...

BUT...what about "The House of Yes?!?" I cannot believe that this feature is not on your "to watch" list!

9:15 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Susie said...

I have to check that movie out. I thought I'd heard everything. Now I'll be ready when a client says, "My husband wants to poop back and forth. Is that normal?"

10:26 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

4/20...I'd never heard of that and here I am living in Cannabis Central in British Columbia. Shame on me!

I have almost finished watching the DVD second season of Grey's Anatomy. Highly addictive. Now I finally know what McDreamy is all about.

2:45 PM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I can't wait to see the movie with you!

Don't forget your towel.

8:39 PM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I have to admit, Grey's Anatomy turns my stomach. I just want to smack them all upside the head and tell them to snap out of it. But given what I watch, I don't judge. GREAT SHOWER CURTAIN, BTW!

9:05 PM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Just wait until Thirteen figures out how to work the remotes.

1:44 AM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Two bathrooms? That is awesome! I used to have two bathrooms in my old apartment. Good times...
:P

8:16 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

El Mariachi rocks!! The remake, although it starts the extremely hot Antonio Banderas, is not nearly as good as the first.

8:54 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky, I'm tempted to offer advice from my experiences of living alone in a house with two bathrooms. I won't, since I don't think you're as gullible as I and will not give your house over to "homeless" teens. However, watch the cat(s). Alex not only has rule\d me but controlled the house.

9:20 PM, April 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home