the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, April 21, 2008

Solos and bandaids are for pussies

Aside from cutting the bejeezus out of my finger and then bleeding heavily enough to warrant taping a tampon to my hand, I've finally set up my recording studio and begun to use it. This song, "Ain't That Easy", is one I wrote years ago but never recorded until now. Listen and discuss amongst yourselves while I check to see if that flap of skin on the pad of my finger has stayed in place.

15 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

More, more, MOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE! When will your CD be available for sale, missy??

And have you done any videos with your songs? I'd love to feature one on Sheik Yerbouti Friday.

1:02 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

HTGT - thank ya! The CD will be for sale when I get about 9 more songs recorded.

The only video I have with one of my songs is one with a short instrumental called "Git Down!" It's on YouTube here

1:29 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

I didn't listen to this as closely as I'd have liked to yesterday so I'm going to wait until I get home tonight. Maybe I'll remember to play it for Ichabod.

Hope your finger's doing better.

1:38 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Kranki said...

Duuude! That is awesome! Seriously! I hope you pursue this to a CD release complete with nubile groupies.

2:59 PM, April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all happy until kranki said that about the nubile groupies. How 'bout old, fat, infirm groupies? Sign me up!
I love your voice. I'd buy your CD even if we weren't related.

3:52 PM, April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Katy
You have a great voice! I could imagine you singing bluesy tunses, too.

I find it awe inspiring when anyone I know can sing. Because I can't. Not at all.

4:38 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - I have a real bandaid on the finger now...no more paper towel and scotch tape (although that did come in rather handy at the time).

Kranki - Thanks! I'm all for the groupies, especially if they can cook, too.

Susie - Oh, I'll take all groupies, so long as they aren't crazy and/or capable of hurting me. And thanks!

Sheryl - Thanks to you, also! I did enjoy singing blues tunes in the band. Maybe I'll have something similar by the time I get this project done.

6:01 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ichabod likes your song, too.
:-)

7:19 PM, April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit, Bucky!
*rapturous applause*

Hope your finger heals up soon. What did you do to make it turn into a geyser...and what strength tampon did you have to use in order to stop the bleeding?
Yes, I wonder about things like that. Especially when I learned they use tampons during wrestling matches for when the guy gets a nosebleed and they have to stop the flow (pun fully intended)before his next match to avoid disqualification.

12:08 AM, April 22, 2008  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

You can use a shot of a tampon stuck to your finger as the album cover.

But anyway, that was really good. I am always delighted to hear you make music. Do you play drums or was that a drum machine? I'd like to learn more about home recording, I'm just too lazy and untalented.

5:19 PM, April 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say, HOLY SHIT do I love your song! And your vocals are hella sexy.

10:07 PM, April 22, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. VERY cool song, Bucky. You got some mad skeelz.

2:48 PM, April 23, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - *curtsy to Ichabod*

Joyce - actually, I used a paper towel and scotch tape, but if I hadn't had those handy, I'd have used a Super tampon.

Zombie - the drums are loops I bought for Garage Band (because I'm still too dense to figure out Pro Tools), and the rest is done with keyboards and vocals.

Eva - Thanks and welcome!

CKelli - mad skeelz enough to get some Long John Silver's?

1:30 AM, April 24, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know it, baby. FREE LJS.

12:32 PM, April 24, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent, Ms. Bucky. I hope the finger you sliced wasn’t a guitar-playin’ finger.

9:24 PM, April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home