the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Old art, new camera

When I moved to Illinois, one of the things I packed up was a batch of my old paintings. All my work was done with watercolors on posterboard, so the materials were none too stable for travel. Some of my bigger paintings I put in a giant portfolio (or, as Arjay's eldest son would say, a "fartpolio"), and I put the smaller ones in individual construction paper envelopes and sealed them.

Most of my paintings suck, but there's one that's always been my favorite, and even though I painted it in the early '90s, I've never framed the sumbitch. Tonight, I finally put it in a frame; before I did that, I took some new pictures of it with the D50. I've posted photos of it here before (it used to be my avatar, Back in the Day), but they were scanned from washed-out prints that were never very good representations in the first place. I am much happier with the new pics.

Ladies, gentlemen, and those of you who frequent this blog, I once again present to you the fluorescent, trippy, blacklight extravaganza I like to call "Who Wants to Play With Old Veinface?"



I'll be accepting donations for therapy at the door.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but would y'all like to see more?

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Totally funky! And no, that's not code for "sucky." I am not an art expert, but I think it's good. I spent some time really looking at it, which is the deciding factor in what I consider "good" or "bad" art when I visit a museum. I would certainly like to see more, Bucky Warhol. Thanks for sharing!

8:19 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Very funky indeed!

I would love to see more!

9:26 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Eddie said...

i like all the color in it

10:10 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I remember old Veiny. Are those Egyptian or Betty Davis eyes?

10:22 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger The Q said...

Fantastic, now I'm going to have "She's Got Bette Davis Eyes" stuck in my head all.day.long.

GAH! Kill me now.

I vote for "more"!

1:11 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Kranki said...

I love this fanstastical piece. More please.

3:00 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Certainly, Bucky, show is more. If I remember correctly, I recently commented “have fun with your new camera” (or some such phrase) and it appears you are. So keep it up and show us more!

3:02 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

Excellent! For some reason, the words "Carnival of Venice" came to mind. But Old Vein Face is probably better.

Do show more from the "fartpolio."
(I love spoonerisms.)

5:23 PM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky you are so awesome. Hells yeah we want more.

8:20 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

You know everyone wants to see your pictures. :)

9:22 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

"I'm almost afraid to ask, but would y'all like to see more?"

Yes, please. :o)

9:59 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

More. MOOOOOOOOORE! (please?)

12:32 AM, November 12, 2006  
Blogger Maven said...

I always thought this piece looked like a work by Klimt.

Good stuff:)

11:10 AM, November 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home