the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Includes badly forged signature, just like in high school

Dear Blogging:

Please excuse Katy's absence from The Cotillion Blog on Friday. I assure you, she had every intention of attending, and even brought a story about a blues singer trying to shag her husband for show and tell. However, between her merry morning commenting on other people's blogs and her evening routine of writing her own damn blog, she succumed to a questionable order of mahi mahi fajitas. Or maybe it was the salsa. Safe to assume the guacamole was not innocent, either.

Blame it on whatever part of the delightful takeout food that you will, her ability to sit up and type was seriously impaired by her repeated dashes to the porcelain god, to contemplate her sin, and to repent for ordering anything called fish fajitas (which is still slightly less of a sin than ordering fish tacos). Katy feels better today, and promises to contribute something of questionable substance to you tonight.

And she will avoid controversial food for the duration of the weekend.

Utterly, deeply, sincerely,

Katy's Mom
(no, really!)

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Like Mom would ever get close enough to a computer to post an excuse note. :-)

Sorry the fajitas got you down. I had a plain old grilled ham and cheese and felt fine. Probably too much fat, including the french fries, but at least it was tame.

Glad you're feeling better. I haven't seen anyone posting new stuff on either of the other two blogs that I check so maybe they ate some of those fajitas too!

1:47 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

You are excused, primarily because I know I will be in similar condition next weekend. Kids concert w/#1 granddaughter Friday night (which means dinner at Applebees). Mich/Mich St. hockey in Hockeytown Saturday night, with dinner at Nikki's in Greektown afterwards. Full sunday dinner at sisters in Lake Orion on Sunday, followed by mad dash back to South Bend in time for Super Bowl and Popeye's chicken. I may be in pain for a week.

2:44 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I believe you, Pinocchio.

Need a squeegee?

http://yourpackagingsucks.blogspot.com/2005/01/for-use-on-fountainous-sprays.html

2:53 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

Katy needs a laptop, mine works fine "on the mug".

Schmootize

4:08 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Katy, it's alive:

http://listeningparty.blogspot.com/

4:37 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Greatwhite -- you've got a brisk weekend comin' up! Can't say I'm not jealous of the hockey and the Greektown dinner. Opa!

Squirl -- Maybe there's a blogger's flu goin' around? I had nice old people's food (translation: Bob Evans) today and feel nearly normal. You know, like usual.
Oh, and Mom did TOO write that note for me. But she. . .may have. . .FORGOTTEN when you ask her. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Schmootz -- Were I but perched on the porcelain, I could carry out your plan. Unfortunately, I was worshipping rather than perching, and my hands were otherwise busy (anyone with long hair knows what I'm talkin' about).

Mr. B'riffic -- Damn, I really could've used the squeegee last night! Will weigh in on LZ4 later.

8:41 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

so come on down to Greektown and join us!

10:57 PM, January 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Sounds like more fun than my actual fate, which is to be knee-deep in semi-gloss and kitchen cabinetry right up until kickoff. :(

Have some saganaki for me, though. . .

11:02 PM, January 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home