the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

How to make a woman scream in bed

Poor Jim.

I don't know what I was dreaming, or what I could possibly have eaten before bed to cause me to freak out, but. . .but. . .

About 2:30 this morning, I rolled over in bed and opened my eyes in a bit of a quasi-waking state. On the other side of the bed, where I've found him for the last 18 years, was a sleeping Jim, mummified in the blankets with only his face visible. I'm still not sure what it was about that sight that triggered my reaction, but I totally lost it and kind of screamed, "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

My kind of screaming kind of woke Jim up, and after we stared at each other for a stunned second, he began to laugh out loud, and I joined him, because I was pretty much awake at that point, and it was all pretty stupid.

Jim sent me an email this morning, remarking that he's never had quite that reaction from a woman in bed. He also suggested that maybe I'd mistaken him in the night for his evil twin, so perhaps I'd better cut down on my General Hospital viewing.

Note to self: Try not to scream in horror upon seeing husband.

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Turkey. Must have been turkey. Always leaves me in a FreakedOut Plus state during the normal sleep hours.

Either that, or the last 18 years have finally gotten to you and you just sort of woke up realizing you were still married?

Nah, probably turkey.

8:34 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

That is too funny. I think seeing "mummy-husband" in the middle of the night might have done me in too.

8:46 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I know Jim. He's not scary-looking. Musta been some kind of interesting dinner last night. :-)

9:21 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think Mouse might disagree. He would probably find Jim virry skirry and min.

9:22 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Okay, I'm lost.....So, Mouse is sleeping with your husband now? I think that'd make me scream, too.

9:40 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Doesn't Mouse think just about everyone is skirry and min? Jim's gravelly voice might scare him, though.

10:11 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think if Mouse were sleeping in my bed, he'd probably be the one to wake up screaming.

10:25 AM, February 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home