the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I probably need to be stopped

I think my weird habits have finally gotten out of control.

Today, I made a special trip to Target so that I could purchase a bookcase.

The express purpose for said bookcase? To display my tchotchkes. That is the sole reason I now have this particular bookcase.

Trailer park explosion
I guess it's the least I can do since they all lost their trailers in that there tornado.


Once again, you can consider my blog a public cry for help.

In other news, look how fab-a-lus the pictures turn out on my cameraphone!

Wobbly man
Who's the cat with the popsicle eyes? It's Wobbles, Wobbles...incredibly gay Wobbles!

Quote of the day from Derek (commenting on the commercial for Kidz Bop being shown on Nickelodeon for roughly the millionth time today):

"And even if they do happen to include one song that's worth spitting on, they ruin it by having it sung by a bunch of kids. Yes, I said worth spitting on, because so many songs are not even worth the saliva."

Hard to argue with him when he's right.

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Oh, Derek so needs to marry my daughter when he grows up (assuming they're both straight). I heart that boy.

12:22 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Oh yes, those boys are the best. I just want a webcam on them to hear the random shit that is said in that household.

Though, I think one trained on the bookcase would do well...never know what those evil little tchotchkes will get up to when they think no one is looking...

1:33 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Karin said...

Wow here I am trying to tchotchke free our shelves so I can put up pictures and you are buying shelves for your tchotchkes. Well at least now I know where to send my homeless little friends. Just wait until Wobbles chews the head off the figures on the low shelf.

3:00 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's totally hard to argue with that kind of logic.

A bookcase for your tchotchkes? What else would you buy a bookcase for? Books?! Pfft...

8:51 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbles is so pretty! Love the cat pics. Haha I went past a poster yesterday for that film 'Curious George' which said 'SHOW ME THE MONKEY!'. Oh how I laughed, and thought how you would be defacing that very poster. LOL

9:08 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Derek makes sense. What else can you say?

I love the pictures you get from your phone. Amazing. And it's been used for tchotchkes and Wobbles, what else?

10:10 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted to be a Kid Bop singer when I was young.

Hell, who am I kidding? They didn't HAVE Kid Bop singers when I was young. They didn't have SINGERS when I was young. Music was still 40 years or so away from being discovered.

I love the camera phone photo! Dang - it's better than my digital camera!

10:59 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger SierraBella said...

So where do your books live?

1:50 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

You crack me UP!
Talking like there's something wrong with buying a home for yo' peeps...
I've got two of those bad boys on my office windowpane:
The pimp with the walking stick and the gal with the black hair down to her ass. Because of you, Bucky. BWAHAHAHA!!!

7:12 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger MrsDoF said...

So glad you made it back safe from your travels/travails.

I have the guy with the mullet hair who is wearing the yellow overalls. My sister says she'll send the waitress in her next care package.
My problem is that DoF built a shelf for my 'audience'. One shelf.
The rule now stands that if I acquire something new, I have to toss out an oldie.
There's a box in the closet, and I rotate my little friends in and out.
Latest purchase was from a yard sale--the Ice Queen (Chronicles of Narnia) for a dime.
She's blowing a kiss to your friends.

11:28 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

My downhome family reunion is displayed there on your shelf.

11:09 AM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Eddie said...

i think your toys are cute, i keep mine on the head board of the bed, my cats play with them all the time..

6:23 PM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I consider a bookcase for tchotchkes a perfectly logical purchase.

9:48 PM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home