the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, September 25, 2006

Checking in

Update Tuesday, October 2:

Some of you already know, but I wanted to let everyone else know that Mom passed away yesterday late in the morning, peacefully in her sleep. I will write more about all this, but not until things that need to be taken care of are done and I have a chance to gather my thoughts.

All your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes are more appreciated than you all can know. You've helped to prop us up during a painful and difficult time, and the whole family thanks you. Much love to you all.

Many thanks to everyone for their comments and wishes from the last few days. I owe some return phone calls, too (I mean you, Balulah).


Mom is being kept in the hospice room at the hospital. She wanted to come home, but the hospital deemed it unethical to send her away in her condition. Her new room is very private and home-like, and the staff is making sure she's as comfortable as possible without being terribly intrusive.

I'm not sure what to say at this point. We're making sure someone is with her all the time, and plan to take turns spending the night. In the meantime, your good thoughts are thoroughly appreciated by everyone in the family.

68 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Kranki said...

I'll continue to send good thoughts your way. Hugs to you.

7:51 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

(((Lots of good thoughts coming over your way)))

8:07 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

as I said to Suirl - shit shit shit - I have been out of town working - you have my prayers.

10:20 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Loves and Hugs you guys.
You are in my thoughts.

10:25 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

More hugs, prayers and thoughts for all of you guys.

10:55 PM, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and good wishes coming your way from a lurker....I'm a sucky commenter...but I read you every day. Hang in there and lean on your near and dear...they love you. And if you need bigger shoulders...we are here.

Sorry! Sounds so cheesy! But I SO mean it.

10:59 PM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

That's sad news Katy, hang in there. We're all thinking of you.

6:01 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

How is it that the more "urgently" we want to get to our friends, the more quickly we want to tell them we love them, the slower BLOGGER is, the more uncooperative the comments?

You all are in my heart, in my prayers all the time. I hope you're feeling all the blove that's being sent to you from so many, many people and places. Trying to say this to my Squirly girl, too, but haven't been able to get in there yet. I love you both.

9:01 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, Bucky. Of course you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love and many hugs to you, Squirl, and your family.

10:05 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

good thoughts and prayers are still being sent your way and your Mom's way!

Hugs! & I would send you chocolate, but you don't like chocolate, right? Here--have some rum cake! It will keep your *spirits* up!

10:13 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sending hugs and prayers and good thoughts your way. Feel free to use them all up. I'll send more.

11:30 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Jomama said...

I am so sorry for what your family is going through right now. Your mother is in my prayers.

Lots of HUGS to you and your family.

12:38 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

what they said - remember, I'm not too far away here, so please ask if you need anything.

3:25 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

Good thoughts coming across the Atlantic, Bucky... *crossing fingers*

3:46 PM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just scooted over from Susie's because heck, I've seen you around, and I wanted to say hello and give you a few words while you're going through this...

3:50 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Big tight hugs to you, Bucky. The only way is through. Our hospice worker was an angel on earth, and I can only hope for you & your family you are equally blessed - her peaceful calm helped me in those hours after my father died, and I will forever be grateful.
Having just gone through this, I know your pain. You are not alone, it will not be easy, there are no magical answers, and yet, it is something we all must face and cope with. I'm not a particularly religious person, and all I can say is, Love is still the answer, and the greatest gift we are given in this lifetime. Feel all the love you have for your mother, your family, and friends, and let them support you through this.
Peace.

4:19 PM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family. I send much heartfelt love to you.

6:34 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Girl.A said...

So many balld hedded monkey hugs to give and so little time!

When it all goes crazy and the thrill is gone,
Days get rainy and the nights get long,
When you get that feeling you were born to lose,
Starin' at your ceiling, thinking of your blues.

When there's so much trouble that you want to cry
The world has crumbled and you don't know why,
When you hopes are fading and they can't be found,
Dreams have left you waiting, friends have let you down.

Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right
Just remember I love you,
more than I can say,
Maybe then your blues will fade away...

When you need a lover and you're down so low,
You start to wonder but you'll never know,
When it feels like sorrow is your only friend,
Knowing that tomorrow you'll feel this way again.
When the blues come calling at the break of dawn,
Rain keeps falling, but the rainbow's gone,
When you feel like crying, but the tears won't come,
When your dreams are dying, when you're on the run.

Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right
Just remember I love you,
more than I can say,
Just remember I love you,
and it will be all right,
It'll be all right,
It'll be all right
- Girl.A and her balld hedded monkey

7:25 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Terri said...

Hang in there as best you can. I'm so sorry to hear you and your family is going through this. Just went through the same myself and honestly hospice was so helpful. I had to go through a recent death with hospice and one without and hospice was the way to go. They provided us much comfort and I hope they do the same for you and your family. I was determined to keep a bedside vigil almost costing me my own health. The minute I left, to run home and finally take a long overdue shower, (I was hardly gone an hour) my loved on passed away. I've heard many similar stories. Take care and try as best you can not to completely wear yourself out. There are so many who care about you and your family.

8:56 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hugs, positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you need, I'm sending them your way!

9:32 PM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky, I only know you from Susie's however here I am...I'm so sorry to hear of your mom. My mom left us on 2-1-06 and I won't lie to you sweetie...it's hard. Please know you are in my thoughts...I'm not so good with praying so positive energy is on it's way. Peace...to your mom...to your family...and to you.

11:01 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

8:44 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Maven said...

Still here, thinking of your family and hoping for the best for everyone concerned.

10:04 AM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could type something that would make you feel better, Bucky.

((hugs))

10:12 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Nina said...

Like I said to Squirl, you all are in my heart.

11:14 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Just hugging you.

1:38 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I've been where you are, Bucky. I'm sending my love your way.

3:39 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky, you are all in my prayers.

8:19 PM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Just dropping by with a hug and bottle of wine. Figured you can never have too much of either one at a time like this. Sending love.

10:48 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Hey there! I saw this a couple of days ago and didn't exactly know what to say. I still don't... but I wanted you to know that we're thinking about you and hoping that everything goes as well as it can. Big blog love!

3:29 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Stopping by to give a hug and to let you know we are all thinking of you.

(((HUG)))

11:10 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Another Saturday night
And I ain't got noBucky...


Thinking of you, honey.

8:30 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

Hey all, just to let you know, Mom passed earlier this morning.

3:14 PM, October 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Jess's blog. Sending you and Squirl and the rest of the family much love. xxx

4:07 PM, October 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Blogger, that was Emma, not Em. Still sending much love. :)

4:08 PM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Bucky, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope you can be comforted by the love of the special people in your life.

8:51 PM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

*much love to you and yours*

9:05 PM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm sorry you have sorrow on your path right now, Bucky. Hopefully the love surrounding you here and in real life will support you and give you some comfort. Saying goodbye to a parent is difficult under any circumstance, and I wish I could take some of your pain for a time to give you some relief from it. Love to you and yours.

12:02 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad Mom is in a better place, and wish peace for you all...

Love you.


Hugs

7:25 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Bucky:

Wishing you peace. So sorry to hear the news.

Hemlock/LG77

7:55 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh, Bucky, honey, I don't know what to say except I love you, and I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.

11:17 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I'm really sorry for your loss, I'm glad you were able to spend time with her. I never knew her in the way I "know" you guys...but I liked her because of who you guys are.

12:04 PM, October 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bucky and family,
The loss of a loved one is never easy and I would just like to let you know that my thoughts and sympathy are with all of you.

12:05 PM, October 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just at Squirls place. I want to tell you i'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way, and your familys way. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Love,

Dawn

12:41 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

My condolences for your loss.

12:43 PM, October 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could hug you.

3:29 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sorry for your loss. It's not easy losing your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts.

3:49 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

What Mr.B said. We didn't know her, but we know these women she raised, so we know she is a remarkable woman. I'm sorry you don't have her here anymore, and thankful she's well now and with the other contingent of her other beloved family.

I love you, Katy.

4:15 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

the beehive has gone on to a better place.

she will be much missed by all of us in the blogoshere - you and Squirl made her very real for us, though we, collectively known as the Internet, did not meet her in real life.

10:22 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Big Hug, Bucky girl.

9:39 AM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones at this time. I don't know what else to say.... you are an amazingly strong woman with so much love and support around you.

**hugs**

10:02 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Nina said...

Much love to you and yours.

10:03 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger ALRO said...

as i stated in Jess' blog - my thoughts are with ya hun! HUGS

10:20 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Much love to you all, too.

10:53 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

Peace Be with You

12:14 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Vaya con Dios

1:38 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Hey, Katy ... I'm truly, deeply sorry for your loss. Your Mom got the chance to see her girls grow up into (mostly) happy, (mostly) mature, and (mostly) respectable women ... what parent could want more? I'm grateful to her for the gift of the two of you ...

8:24 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Still loving you.

9:09 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Mike said...

So sorry for your loss Bucky.

9:16 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am sorry for your loss.

All good things,

A Stranger-Friend-Avid-Reader in CT who is wishing you peace.

11:29 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love hugs and thoughts your way.

7:54 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Peace to you and your family; I am glad you were able to spend time with her before she passed away. My deepest of condolences to you, Bucky. Lean on those who give you strength, and know that your love for your mother will help heal your own grief in the coming months. I can't speak to years yet, I'm still new at this grieving thing myself. HUGS.

10:31 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Bucky, I'm so sorry.
Like you told me, take all the time you need.

Linda

6:11 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Maven said...

I don't know what to say, other than my sympathies to the entire family. May everyone truly know "peace."

6:49 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Thinking of you with love. Always.

7:58 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Kranki said...

I am so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.

9:34 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

/dropping off wine and sushi

Here ya go, Bucky. And a hug too if you want. This crazy pocket of time will soon give way to a modified version of normal. I wish I could make it easier for you all. You're in my thoughts.

7:28 PM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I'm so sorry ~

9:13 PM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home