the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, September 11, 2006

Oh, the indignity!

Allow me to share a couple of my recent Rodney Dangerfield no-respect moments:

  • A few nights ago, Jess, Steve and I were all in the bedroom watching TV, and Steve was elaborating on all the different suits of armor he'd like to own, and how he would wear a different one every day. Since I've had a lifelong obsession with armor myself, I thought this made him a pretty fuckin' awesome teenager, and I idly asked him, "Where were guys like you when I was in high school?"

    Jess looked me square in the eyes and said, "They weren't born yet."

    OH! Feel the burn!

  • Little sweet Nala wanted to sleep in my room last night. She's usually a totally timid little kitty, and she was being so affectionate last night that I couldn't possibly refuse her, especially when she purred and chirped and made her little short cat-barking noises like she does when she's feeling vocally inclined. Complete adorability, that's what I'm tryin' to say: tiny, shy, color-coordinated, and irresistable. I fell asleep with Nala stretched out against my leg, purring like a little race car.

    About two hours later, I awoke to the rhythm of a cat scratching at my feet. Not, like, sinking its claws into my tootsies; it was more of a digging sensation. Um, or burying. Yeah, that was it. Nala had pissed all over my comforter, and thus my feet, and was now trying to cover it up.

    That's right, just call me Piss Foot.


    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go sit in the tub for about three hours.

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Bring on the chainmail undies!

2:10 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Froggylady said...

I think you may have pissed off the kitties. The puke and piss all in such a short time.

2:16 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh the indignity! Cat piss is the worst.

4:54 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh dear... but I bet your heel is really soft now.

6:54 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Maybe this should be the Bucky Four-Eyes CAtillion from now on! You and Steve (and the rest of the crew) should visit and go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. They have a fanfreakingtastic armor room. It's my favorite part of the museum... and that's saying a lot, considering that it houses Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" among many others.

6:56 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nala is a little bitch.

8:47 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger califmom said...

I guess you can add pissy foot'n around to your list of activities.

10:33 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

Squirl you are so wrong!

Shes a Pissy Little Bitch.

10:37 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww... I'd do the tub thing too...

xxx

1:14 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

She's totally just marking her territory..."This foot is MINE!"

And can I just say, I LOVE the new banner? LOVE it!

4:07 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Jess, I stand corrected. :)

10:37 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Maven said...

Ah, Pissy Pussy Foot!

11:22 AM, September 18, 2006  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

bwah ha ha ha (I needed that too) -- gotta admit, that was a great burn (hee hee)

9:24 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home