the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Portrait of the artist as a young dork

I retrieved this horrifyingly innocent-looking picture when I was in Grand Haven. It's my 10th grade picture, circa 1980.

10thgrade
Nice fuckin' sweater...


Don't let the angelic and geeky appearance fool you - I was more than likely stoned out of my gourd when this was taken.

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I always thought those cameo shots made it look like people were fantasizing about themselves. Bucky's all like, "Look at me, I'm so hot."

10:11 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

:oP

12:20 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I think you looked adorable!!!

4:21 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Ahhhh tenth grade.

The memories are faint. But the pictures help.

6:10 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Yeah, I think in mine I had some seriously unfortunate bangs...

And I agree with Mr. Bloggerific... dreamin' of the Bucky.

8:56 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Bucky...BUCKY!! There's a giant head floating behind you! No, really! Don't let it get you! Run! No, not up the stairs...

10:07 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my God. Who doesn't have a picture like this in their past?

Heh... LOVE the sweater... too bad it doesn't have your initials embroidered on it.

11:28 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

So this is why you asked for that picture. I thought you took it so you could bury and no one would see it. hee hee

I think it's rather nice.

1:39 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Karin said...

It is funny how the floating head picture looks much younger than than the main picture, you were a cutey though. I never got a floating head picture.

2:03 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

ahhh...tenth grade...that would be the baby blue Cowl-Neck sweater for me. I believe I sported a white turtle-neck under it. Fuckin Lovely!

Mainly, seems like all we owned back then were crew necks, button up shirts and Levi's or Bobby Brooks (those were too expensive for me though...) jeans and of course, hiking boots....yup, those were the days....

2:57 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Lori Denine and her cat said...

Cowl...what kind of word is that anyhow??? Well, I am certainly surprised at this..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowl

3:00 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

I had braces in my 10th grade photo. And Farrah-hair. And an embroidered sweater-dress for the love of everything. By comparison, you look pretty raw and edgy.

5:40 PM, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home