the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, April 13, 2009

Beware the gobble-ins

This used to be such a nice town, a serene town, a place where you could raise up a nice li'l family and your child could dream of growing up to be somebody. Somebody like a mail carrier.

I'm sorry to say that times have changed; it's like the Wild West up in here now, and not even a can of mace and a stout leather bag - a mail bag, I mean - can keep our postal workers safe from the threat of gang violence in the streets of Grand Haven.

Those god damned turkeys.

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Hee hee, I'm glad you posted that one. I guess I shouldn't wonder at the local wild life. This is the biggest threat to humans so far, though.

6:51 AM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

That's odd because just last week someone told me about a lady that had a wreck here because a wild turkey went through her windshield.

It's a Thanksgiving payback is what it is.

7:14 AM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I especially enjoyed the compassion he's getting at the workplace. Too funny!

8:44 AM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger eclectic said...

I bet the mail carrier kicked one of the babies a few months back, and that's why they only attack the mail carrier. Turkeys never forget.

1:00 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

I think the lady was drinking Wild Turkey.

1:05 PM, April 14, 2009  
Blogger Kranki said...

I thought mail carriers were never deterred by fowl weather.

3:04 PM, April 14, 2009  
Anonymous Susie said...

This was on our local news today. You keep those turkeys up there.

9:10 AM, April 15, 2009  
Anonymous Flying Mermaid said...

When I blogged about turkey vultures recently, someone sent me the article about the one going through that woman's windshield, saying it was a turkey vulture (which is a VULTURE, not a turkey). But I saw the damn picture and it warn't no vulture, it was a turkey!

It's payback time!

3:38 PM, April 15, 2009  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Yeah, turkeys!

3:45 PM, April 15, 2009  
Anonymous sheryl said...

I fell completely ripped off that I watched that video but didn't get to see any turkeys attacking the postal carrier!

5:57 PM, April 15, 2009  
Blogger chia said...

It's now an amber alert for some poor little 'un :-(

10:07 AM, April 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home