the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, December 05, 2008

Lazy Bucky's quickies

Pullin' from my ass, tuggin' on your heartstrings...

  • Department of Redundancy Department: Heard on Jeopardy! last week, straight from the venerable lips of Alex Trebek, after a contestant found a Daily Double: "You have the most money...and you're in the lead, too!"

  • Safety First...no, wait, "Fuck you!" First, then Safety: Yesterday, while attempting to pilot my car along slippery roads, I was bullied by two different vehicles. Really, what kind of sadistic douchebag menacingly tailgates a fellow traveler who is obviously having difficulty staying on the road, much less building up any speed?

    Well, the first one was driving a salt truck, and felt the need to drive right up my ass while I was headed in to work. What's the rationale there? "I'm gonna push this bitch into the bayou so I can hurry up and make the roads safe!" Dude, your truck weighs a million pounds, whereas my car weighs slightly more than the two bags of kitty litter in the back. Wow, yes, I'm super impressed with your size and the huge load you're carrying; now go shoot it somewhere and stop bothering me.

    As I was leaving work, I pulled out onto the road and found that I had no traction, so the Cruiser was just kind of spinning its wheels and dithering left and right instead of going forward as I had planned. I've seen it happen to other cars plenty of times, and I believe the proper etiquette when you're behind such a vehicle is to slow the fuck down and let the car get its bearings; it will eventually straighten out and continue on its course, and all will be well in Gotta Get There land.
    Sure, I saw the other vehicle as I exited the parking lot, I gauged its distance from me, and since the speed limit in town is 25, there should have been ample time for me to get my bearings on the slip-n-slide road and be out of its way with no incident. But no. Halfway across the intersection, I looked into my rearview mirror to see the grill of a school bus trying to take a bite out of my rear bumper. I believe I yelped "What the FUCK?" as I swerved into the parking lot of a gas station, looking back to see the school bus continue its upapologetic takeover of the road at a too-fast-for-safety speed. Now, dear bus driver, I can completely understand that you have a bus full of children and you want to get them the fuck out of there and away from you as quickly as possible; don't think that sentiment is lost on me, because it isn't. But did it ever occur to you that if you hit me, then you'd be stranded in the bus with the little heathens for that much longer as we waited for the police to arrive and take details of the whole sordid affair? Tsk tsk, Mr. or Ms. Bus Driver; think of the children.

  • Speaking of douchebags: For every pleasant, enjoyable customer who comes into the store, there is an equal and opposite asshole customer.

    * The customer who wants a specific item, then screeches, "Why does it have to be so expensive?" Oh, I'm so sorry! I evilly marked it up 4000%, not knowing that I would be selling it to you, oh wonderful human being who is gracing my presence. Let me just change that price tag to 10 cents for you, because I have so much authority to do so. Yeah. Back of the line, asshole!

    * The check writer. I don't know if anyone clued you in to this, but while you were sleeping, Rip Van Tinkle, the clock turned over to the 21st century and we now have these groovy, space-age inventions called debit cards. Use your checks for things that don't involve people standing in line behind you while we take your life history to verify the unbounciness of your antiquated method of payment. And if you start bitching about all the information we are required to gather when you insist on paying us like that, I'll have to dismember you and feed your remains to a brontosaurus, like the caveman you are. Back of the line, asshole!

    * Old people who hate anything invented since 1940 and yet haunt the store several days a week. If you hate technology with such a Geritol-fueled passion, then why do I see you in this electronics store every other day? Can't you vent your righteous indignation at bingo or something? Let me tell you some things you may not know: It's not my fault that you can't buy 78s for your Victrola anymore. I had nothing to do with the fact that you won't be able to upgrade your 1948 television to receive a digital signal. I am not responsible for the fact that no one makes batteries anymore for that newfangled cordless phone you bought in 1980. Hell, I'm still upset about all these 8-tracks with no player, but you don't see me chewing out a Best Buy clerk. I'm doing my very best to assist you in adjusting and upgrading where necessary, but you make me feel less helpful by the minute when you spend the entire time bitching about "Why do I need this?" and "This technology has gone too far!" I'm not even sending you to the back of the line - I'm busing you all to a museum, where you'll feel more at home and better able to adjust to changes, like the agricultural revolution.

8 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Don't bus them to the Smithsonian. I want to enjoy those museums. And there's nothing like a school bus on your ass when you're dithering.

1:18 PM, December 05, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Victrola ....do do do ....lookin' out my back door.

When I worked at the Shack about 4.5 years ago, every time we had the "daylight savings" change, she would bring in her talking clock and have us change it. 800 year old talking clock, no instructions. She could never set it and expected us to do it.

1:36 PM, December 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I've missed you. Lazy Quickies are my favorite! :)

2:11 PM, December 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY! That is NOT my link. I made a typo.

2:13 PM, December 05, 2008  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

I'm a tad pissed that I can't readily score some Robert Johnson 78s for the collection. Although I did acquire one by some dude calling himself Riley "Blues Boy" King. I often wonder what happened to that guy. I guess he faded into obscurity.

Ages ago, I altered one of those "Mean People Suck" stickers by lopping off the "mean." It's much more accurate that way.

11:26 AM, December 06, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

So you aren't personally responsible for technological advances? Great. I've been telling everyone that my sister is the technology genius in the family, and now you're telling me you had nothing to do with it?! Well this is just perfect.

3:41 PM, December 06, 2008  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

can I one-up you?

How about the MORON who runs a red light:
- with a pedestrian at the crosswalk (me)

- in front of a Catholic school having an assembly on Saturday afternoon

- with a COP in the f-ing intersection.

Although the cop wasn't too bright - I had to wave his ass down and send him after the miscreant.

in the words of Miss vonKrankipantzen, I am "bitter but fully occupied" with traffic safety in this 'hood.

4:15 PM, December 06, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Retail sucks. It just sucks donkey balls. Hard.

I always thought there should be a law that every single adult in the land must work retail for 6 months - just to see what it's like on the other side.

7:17 AM, December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home