the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, October 23, 2008

No phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury

Ok, so I do have phone, lights, and a motorcar. What I don't have? Internet and cable. While I get that straightened out, I'm spending my time leeching internet off Squirl and various restaurants whose free wi-fi reaches the parking lot. It wouldn't really be a matter of urgency, except for the fact that I'm teaching now, so I really do need to be on here every day. Too bad nobody in my neighborhood has an unsecured network with a strong signal. *sigh*

I've also been putting in a lot of hours in the retail biz the last couple of weeks, and I can't see that slowing down any as Christmas hurtles at us like an oversized, overpriced asteroid.

This week, I learned something new from a customer. Apparently, Hustler magazine voted Grand Haven as the best place in the USA to lose one's virginity. I think I might give it a try.

Also, Eeyore threw up in my shoe. Just in case anyone was wondering.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled deprogramming.

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I've lived without cable/satellite for YEARS now, but can't be doing without my net connection for more than a few hours without starting to get all nervous and itchy.

Did Hustler vote for the best place to regain virginity? It's GOT to be Owensboro, Ky. It's been so long for some of us *coughjustmecough* that's crawled up in there!

3:12 PM, October 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so just how did you discover Eeyore's gesture of familial affection?

8:41 PM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

I hope you get your internet and digital tv back soon. It's just not the same watching tv without the kittehs.

9:01 PM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

So my wireless signal isn't strong enough for you to use? Sorry. If it were, I'd totally let you borrow it. Also, do you read Hustler "for the articles" like all the rest of the subscribers? ;)

11:59 PM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

I'm saving myself for Canada.

10:16 AM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Christmas and retail....

*twitches from all the bad, bad memories...*

5:10 PM, October 24, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

Photos of Stella, ASAP, if you please.

2:20 PM, October 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home