the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Weekend whoopee windin' down


I had a really good time Friday night. What?

Before I got on all this anniversary crap, heart-warming blah blah, and keepin' my tits out of the frame, I had the opportunity to meet a friend of a friend who is indirectly responsible for my blogging addiction. She alerted my friend Julia to the fact that a blog called Dooce existed, and that it must be read with regularity, lest one's life continue to be the empty shell of a sham inside a hollow mockery. Julia ran straight to me after reading a post dealing with reconvening the procedure, and I have been hooked since that very moment. And, like a billion other bloggers, I read Dooce and decided I could park my weird shit online and somebody would actually care enough to look at it, and oh, shit, actually comment on it! I've made a lot of what I would consider friends in the blogging community, have forged strong ties with some of you, and have had a whale of a time pickin' at my siblings in front of everybody. And blogging itself, even if nobody came on here and made a peep, has become a better release than I could have ever hoped. I consider the experience overwhelmingly positive.

So, I had the opportunity to have lunch with Julia's friend, Courtney, last Thursday, and I had the chance to thank her in person. She seems like such a nice girl, but I know evil must dwell in some corner of her heart if she is a Dooce devotee. Courtney, if you're lurkin' here, it was very cool to meet you, but everybody also knows who to blame now, too. Just so's you know.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

So your blog, my blog and Tardist's blog are all Courtney's fault? Tell her thanks from me. And that picture is creepin' me out! :-)

9:08 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

It's a chain o' blame. But we can't blame the picture on Courtney. That's all photoshop, baby!

9:14 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

there are so many comments i could make about that photo, and the opportunities a smile that size might afford.....but since I don't want my isp to discontinue my service...I'll resist temptation.

11:39 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

I don't know what will give me night terror's more, the thought of all that breeder sex or that smile. LOOK AT THOSE TEETH!!!

So is this like the seven degrees of Dooce?

11:48 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

I'm glad you had a good time Friday night, and I really like those glasses.

They make you look like Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2.

1:38 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

'Bear, could anything you say possibly be any worse than what I write here? C'mon, let it all hang out!

Greenie - couldn't you have nightmares about breeder sex with that smile involved? And yes, I think Dooce has become bloggers' Kevin Bacon.

Zombie - Ya think maybe I should be gigantic shades like these look when I go to the eye doctor? I'll show him this picture and say, get me some frames just like that!

8:24 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Blinded by the light
wrapped up like a Dooce
another runner in the night

10:07 AM, April 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That may be the biggest shit-eatin' grin I've ever seen, Bucky.

And I'm so glad you and Jim had such a good time.

11:09 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I love the cross-pollination that happens ... I read your blog because your comments on Dooce amuse me, and your links might take me somewhere else entirely. It's like a virus, but in a good way ....

By the way, on Wednesday I'll be travelling south from shows in Northern Ontario, cutting into Michigan at the Soo, then zooming past ya on the way to shows in London, Ont. Wave the rolling pin out the window!

12:43 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Damn, Katy. your blog is starting to attract celebreties!

12:53 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

THank you Courtney for getting Bucky to blog!!

I adore your blog, your comments and your pictures. You really are one funny woman!!

12:55 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Ok Bucky, I just want you to know I looked at this last night, right after I just woke up from my bad dream, and you totally freaked me out.

I was all whoa, I gotta get back to bed fast.

Brat.

3:09 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nilbo - the rolling pin has a white flag on it. I surrender to Canada, please come take over immediately!

Jess - At least you can't blame the nightmare on my picture. Just the extra willies you got when you woke up. heh heh heh

Kristine - aw, thanks, man!

Youse guys are all so sweet. Group hug! (whose hand is that on my cooch? I know it's not you, Greenie)

3:21 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Glad you got good lovin'! Yoknow what they say, "nuthin' says lovin' like someone's hand in your oven."

I've been missing a hand for a couple of days, so it might be mine...

"You give good,
Love to me,
Baaaaaabaaaaaay!"

4:15 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

That's YOU know, not YoKnow... see what happens when I only type with one hand?

4:19 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Oh, sorry ... just looking for the rolling pin ...

6:02 PM, April 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice teeth, Buck. Looks like Mr. Ed married a Kennedy.

Well at least you're 'reconvening the procedure'. All the 'mo's in Seattle are either A) married B) drunk or C) both.

Glad to have your sharp wit back, darlin'! We missed ya TURRIBLE like.

6:39 PM, April 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Talk about a smile that could stop traffic.

I miss the olden days of yore when we had time to blog all day long... sigh

I don't remember if I ever knew your personal preference on this - just how much diarrhea does it take to make you get out of the jacuzzi?

7:28 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I shared this on dooce, but had to share it here - somehow, Ms madam bfe, I have a feeling this is right up your alley, and a perfectly good use of Flash.

http://www.doodie.com/whack.php

Whack Your Boss .com

8:45 PM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Plum! Izzat YOUR hand? I'll let Jim know, he's sure to be a little more understanding now...

Dazed - we need to find you a cute, single 'mo to call your own. You are just too sweet to be all on your lonesome. If I ever grow one, I'll call you!

La Pix - can you believe, the hotel was out of diarrhea? And they KNEW it was our anniversary. Hmmph! Next year, I'll just know to bring my own.

Opera gal - I think my boss would like to do that to me with a stapler some days.

9:24 AM, April 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home