the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's Thursday; where are my pants?

You know what I've done today that was worthwhile, constructive, beneficial to mankind or at least to myself? Nothing. Exactly nothing. You know what else? My only emotional response to that is Tough Titty!

Well, okay, I did do one thing: I watched a movie that I've been wanting to see for years. It's been pointedly recommended to me on many occasions by my friends, one of those "Oh, Katy, YOU have to see this; it's as sick as you are!" kind of movies. After unsuccessfully searching for it in every video rental store I ever entered, I finally gave up and ordered the motherfucker. Well..."motherfucker" isn't exactly accurate for this movie, but it's close. I'm referring to a little gem called The House of Yes, and it is so wrong wrong wrong that it could be the centerpiece of the Museum of Things That Are Very Wrong. It features Parker Posey in what may well be her very finest moment of dementia; Genevieve Bujold is also brilliantly weird as the matriarch of a truly fucked-up family unit. This movie is not for the faint of heart or the easily offended, but if you're neither of those things, I encourage you to find it and see how it feels to shake your head in utter disbelief and shake with laughter simultaneously.

Oh, another thing I did today involved potato preparation. Did I cook? Oh, hell no! I'm talking about a manlier kind of spud, the spud of my dreams, the stud of the spuds.

204:  Spider-Spud

Looks ain't deceivin' - you see before you the Spider-Spud, a gift from Squirl and just another drop in the bucket of my lunacy. I already wear jammies and slippers out of the house far too often to be considered anywhere near normal. How far down the slope is it from playing with a Spider-Man Mr. Potato Head to making puppets out of my own poop? I don't really have an answer to that, but I'll be sure to videotape the puppet show when it happens.

5 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

The House of Yes is brilliant, although I think it scarred me for life.

10:53 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I really thought you needed that Spidey Potato-Head. No need to use your poop for puppets.

9:20 AM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

I have Darth Tater here in my office. Spidey Spud may not be far behind.

10:54 AM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds as if you did more than I did. Of course, I am OLD!

I like Spidey Potato-Head! I also wish I had a neat sister like Squirl!

3:25 PM, May 25, 2007  
Blogger Madame D said...

OH, the House of Yes! I LOVE that movie! Love it! It also helped I had three friends totally obsessed with all things Kennedy who were all "House of Yes! Parker Posey! AAAA!"

4:08 AM, May 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home