the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, April 08, 2005

Cut off...can't breathe...

Yeah, so I didn't participate in Self-Portrait Day yesterday. The theme this week was "O" Face, and I'm sorry, but I save that particular look for frightening my husband and the occasional door-to-door missionary. But not Girl Scouts, 'cause I really do want some of those Thin Mints.

Of course, I might've worked up the shamelessness to do the picture anyway, but it wouldn't have mattered, not one little tiny fuckin' bit, because my Internet connection went from crappy to nonexistent about an hour after I got home yesterday. No bloggin', no Flickr, no commentin', no actual work that I need to do that requires me to be online. But, on a bright note, my Vonage service works. So at least I have my phone to reach out and touch someone (now, don't be squealin', you didn't specifically say I couldn't touch you there).

The connection problems stem from a new wireless router I bought this week, specifically for the purpose of repairing my telephone connection. I think I have it tracked down to DNS problems, but it's so flaky it's hard to say for sure. If I don't get it fixed this weekend, I might just have to sneak up to my office to do some work and to come here and spout at y'all.

On a happier note, I'll be in Baltimore next week for a conference, and my hotel room has a high-speed wireless connection, so I will be away from home, but not from the Cotillion. Now if I can just stay clear of all those full-length mirrors when I'm naked, it'll be sweet.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now don't be skeered of them thar mirrors, Bucky. Ya know yer hotter'n a pickled pork pie and sweeter'n bubblgum.

9:40 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ooooh, Thin Mints...

9:51 AM, April 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that emotion, Mr. BH -
Mmmmm, Thin Mints.

And, Bucky? Embrace the mirror, hon. Look at your lovely self, and repeat the magic phrase:

I'm good enough.
I'm smart enough.
And, doggone it, people like me.

9:54 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Oh no, I'm being turned into Stuart Smalley! Where's my sweater?

Dazed: pickled pork pie? Really? swoons Oh, if you liked cooze I would soooo marry you right now...

9:59 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Dazed, you brought back Pickled Bologna memories. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you haven't read my blog. :-)

Bucky, I already told you that my internet flaked out on me last night, too. Might use that as my post today. I can always walk a block, I guess, to the coffee shop that has wireless. Nothing like living in the city. Especially when living two blocks up from the Missions. :-)

10:10 AM, April 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirl - yes, I've read your blog many-a-time and I still cannot figure out why the guy picked your bar - someone must have told him about the sister who's hotter'n a pickled pork pie and he got confused. That happens to me a LOT.

10:21 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Dazed, it must've been the hotter'n pickled pork pie analogy that got him. :-)

Thanks for reading my blog!

10:38 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ooooh, Thin Mints...

11:44 AM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm a Thin Mints fan, too. Ichabod likes 'em even better than I do.

12:26 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

BFE - I just called Vonage yesterday and got the best laugh of the day with this question:

Me: Are you on a Vonage line right now:
Vonage Sales Rep: No.

It sure did make me want to plunk down my credit card....
and hey, my connection (Comcast) went out yesterday for6 hours as well.

12:27 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal - really? I wonder if it was lots of us, then. Maybe my network isn't completely hosed! Yay!
Yeah, I love the Vonage story. I think I talked to the same guy Monday night. :)

Squirl - so you're sayin' Thin Mints will buy your silence in much the same way rum cake buys mine?

1:02 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, Thin Mints'll work every time. I think we've got a deal here. :-)

So, Bucky, are you on Comcast, too? I was talking to Kittyf0nk and she said everyone in GR who had Comcast had no internet.

1:27 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

The best way to deal with full length mirrors is just confront them. Just get naked, jump on the bed and say Fuck you buddy!!!!

I would reccomend closing the curtains before you do this however or you may end up with a large amount of liquor being sent to your room by secret admirers.

Plus you always have to worry about me and my binoculars.

Reaching out and touching someone? That sounds kinda dirty. Im sure you didnt mean for it to sound like that, as your all virginal and stuff so I just thought I should warn you.

4:02 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Bucky?
Do you want to go to the opera or the symphony while you are in Baltimore?
I can get you tickets...

10:03 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yay! My connection works! Musta been Cumcast.

Opera gal - That's so nice of you! Unfortunately, I will be spending my evenings split between conference events and my second job that I can conveniently do online when I travel. Ah, modern convenience...But thanks for the offer!

Jess - god, did you have to put the whole jumping on the bed picture in my mind? Ewwwwwww! I got things that don't stop movin' on command anymore.
And you really are a masochist if you've got the binoculars out for that little display of nondexterity.

10:13 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Have fun at your conference Bucky. Blogger was pissing me off yesterday too. As for your wireless router, don't forget to secure it mang. I surf on my neighbours connection all the time because the poor man don't know nothin' about encryption or mac address filterin'.

dc

12:39 AM, April 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bucky - It's CumcOst - not Cumcast. Get it right.

They won't just spit in your eye, they'll charge you like crazy for it too.

Yes, I as well appreciated the 3 hours of down time.

12:54 AM, April 09, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*looks around for any yet-to-be consumed Thin Mints while someone ELSE talks about tech crud for a change*

7:40 AM, April 09, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

com COST is right...
especially when you're on a workplace connection like I am, and not only did I have to pay employees to sit around, I have to reimburse my clients whose websites all went ka-blam for hours.

Boy, are those assholes getting a letter form me.

11:30 AM, April 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one's for you whfropera...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4362490/detail.html#u

9:42 AM, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home