the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, April 15, 2005

Just before they threw me out of the Sheraton


I think this shirt was made for someone with actual muscles.

16 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Bucky, are you back?

7:12 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I just flew in from Baltimore, and boy are my arms tired!
Did you see that all today's comments just disappeared from Dooce a little bit ago?

7:22 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I noticed! I've seen her shut them down before, but not take them all away. Geez, I wonder if something horrid happened. I got trolled there today for being unoriginal on my blog, and copying dooce. There were a few oddities there today (goodlord, what am I saying? we were there, of course there were oddities), but I didn't see anything TOO heinous. Dunno...
BTW that's not a "muscle shirt" you were wearing. It's a "tattoo shirt." You were perfect.

7:52 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I saw that the comments were wiped out, too. Ichabod was so happy that his brainy idea had immortalized on Dooce, too. Are you saying they've never disappeared like that before? Maybe the Squirl broke it. I've never commented that much on there before. It was fun, though. She usually does leave the troll material there, though, doesn't she?

Susie, that was an asshole who said that you were unoriginal. I love your blog. Some people are probably just jealous.

8:04 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Ok, so I'm not the only one who noticed the Dooce comment thing?

So, Bucky, do you miss Baltimore yet?

8:28 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Ah, I do miss the inner harbor. It's such a pretty area, and you can walk to all those great restaurants and stuff to see. But I have to admit, it's nice to be back home with my boys. :)

Eesh, I hope this doesn't bode ill for Dooce comments.

11:06 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Ern said...

Welcome home, BFE.

And seriously, what did I miss? I don't comment on Dooce much anymore, but I was just going to see how many there were, and wow! There must have been some serious poop-flinging!

11:19 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

No, that's the part that has me scratchin' my head, 'cause there was no super contentious behavior that I had seen. And I've seen in grosser in there, too (though I'd be surprised if she closed it for grossness).

Ah, well...we shall see!

11:32 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

I've seen rumors on the web for a month or so saying Dooce was considering not allowing comments because some of them were beginning to border on harrassment. One or two guys in particular.

12:27 AM, April 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a comment all typed out and Blogger ATE.IT.

I hate Blogger.

12:42 AM, April 16, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Bucky..... check out the latest story on schmootzie's blog. It is the kind of story that usually appears here. You'll love it!

1:41 PM, April 16, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

LadyBug, sorry 'bout your comment. :(

I guess I wouldn't blame Heather if she shut down the comments at Dooce. The majority there know it's for goodhearted fun, but there's always the chance a truly vicious anonymous comment will get dropped in, too. I have to think the downside outweighs the upside some days.

And I did check out Schmootzie - I just love inappropriate humor!

3:07 PM, April 16, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

yeah, the atmosphere at dooce has really changed. i lurked for years before I posted, and it seems like in the last 6 months or so people are using that area to just let loose theeir inner freak, and NOT IN A GOOD WAY. bummer.

8:58 AM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yeah, I guess when you achieve that level of notoriety, the real freaks come out of the woodwork.
It's a shame, 'cause when it's swingin' right, there's no place more fun than Dooce comments.
I'll miss it if it's gone, but I'll totally understand if it is.

10:13 AM, April 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its all my fault. I broke the Dooce comments, I confess.

I got the name game song stuck in heathers head and this is my punishment.

I wont Buck Buck bo buck banna fanna fo fuck no more.

Sorry, my bad.

10:42 PM, April 17, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman: "GODDAMMIT!"

7:56 AM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home