the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Mix CD: Swingin' Chads

Haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I'd go for the "and now for something completely different" approach and whip out some o' my swing.

And yes, Mr. B, I'm well aware there is no Benny Goodman on here.

  1. Queer for Cat - Big Rude Jake
  2. Blow Me a Fat Note - Lavay Smith and the Red-Hot Skillet Lickers
  3. Pennsylvania 6-5000 - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  4. Brown Derby Jump - Cherry Poppin' Daddies
  5. Better Left Unsaid - Michelle Wilson
  6. Walkin' Slow Behind You - Roomful of Blues
  7. Sweet Georgia Brown - Duke Robillard
  8. Hop, Skip, Jump - Kim Wilson
  9. Drinkin' It Up - Indigo Swing
  10. Walk Right In, Walk Right Out - Royal Crown Revue
  11. 200 Pounds of Fun - Candye Kane
  12. Swing Baby - Big Rude Jake
  13. How Long Must I Wait? - Joe Jackson
  14. Hey, Louis Prima - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  15. Drink, Drank, Drunk - The Atomic Fireballs
  16. Dirty Shame - Sugar Ray Norcia
  17. Big and Bad - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  18. Twist Top - Duke Robillard
  19. Kick in the Head - Dean Martin
  20. I Don't Want Nobody (to Have My Love But You) - Candye Kane
  21. Down the Line - Roomful of Blues
  22. Take the A-Train - Duke Ellington
  23. That's the Kind of Sugar Papa Likes - Brian Setzer Orchestra
  24. We the Cats Shall Hep Ya - Joe Jackson

6 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I'm liking the Sezter and the Big Bad. True there's no Goodman, but I'd rather you trade your Martin for Sinatra...or Connick Jr....but I'm liking the Martin too.

Slightly unrelated, but Joan Jett is coming to our area and I'm thinking I need to see her a second time.

6:43 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

OK, let me try this again as a whole comment:

Woohoo, the Jett rules! I saw her in '89 and it was the rowdiest concert crowd I've ever seen. You should go, and then you should report back to all us suckahs who didn't get to go.

7:41 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I actually was engaged to one of the guitar players in one of the neo-retro bands on your list (name withheld to protect the asshole- why, oh, I don't know)

Live was always better than studio recordings with most of these bands - I used to tag along on tour sometimes (that was back in the day when I was touring in opera) and go to some of the bigger shows that featured 3-4 bands in one night. The amount of energy that poured out from these groups - it was so nice compared to the angry punk scene I grew up with. The neo-retro thing, as short as it was...it was all about having fun!!

9:00 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal, I just love this stuff live. I've seen the Setzer orchestra three times, and it's just soooo fun. I am in no way a dancer, though swing dancing looks like a wicked good time, but I do so love the music.

I hope you've learned your lesson about guitar players. They're high-maintenance bitches, all of 'em. Almost as bad as lead singers.
Ahem.

9:25 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

LOL!!!
High maintenance? understatement of a LIFETIME. And this is coming from someone who works in OPERA - the industry that coined the word diva.

I will never, ever date a musician again. I'm with a nice, solid, stable businessman now and hopefully forever.

And I wore out lots of pairs of shoes dancing to that stuff - as long as you have a good lead partner, it makes even my 2 left feet seem like Ginger Rogers' slippers.

11:02 AM, April 27, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

The lead singer of the Cherry Poppin' Daddies signs my boob regularly. I love small town bands. *grin*

I love me some Steve Perry (lead singer - NOT Journey)

9:30 PM, April 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home