the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, April 02, 2005

My April Fool


My April Fool
Originally uploaded by Bucky Four-Eyes.

So, for our anniversary last night, about which I've been yammering for days, we decided to go out for dinner before we hit the bar.

Mongolian Barbecue was packed, so we wound up at the old standby, the Capitol. As we waited for our dinner, I started thinking about that stupid diamond commercial, where the guy brings his in-laws to Italy so he can surprise his wife and re-propose with an outrageously expensive ring in his hand. So I gazed at him in slightly exaggerated adoration, and said (not quietly): "I'd marry you all over again, here, in front of all these people."

Jim looked me in the eye and let loose with a heartfelt belch that was clearly audible all up and down our row of booths.

Then we sat there and laughed like the idiots that we are. I really couldn't have married anybody else. I love you, Jim, you big retard!

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Candy said...

Ahh the often heard mating call of the Sexy man blech.

It is known very well around this house as well.

Always extra nice when followed up with an exclaimation of, Hey, I dont remember eating that!!


Reow! Sexy!

2:54 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I found it charming when we were dating...

2:56 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Burping. I pretty much straddle the fence on it....trying to keep my feet off the ground lest they be layered in the green icky residue.

7:00 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I don't know if you could have found anyone more perfectly suited to you. I can always feel the love around you two. Or is it the noxious gas that's getting to me?

8:10 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger the niffer said...

Ah, nothing says I love you like the heartfelt belch. I hope he took it to the next level and blew it in your face. That's always a charmer.

Happy anniversary kids!

8:33 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - there's a special place in heaven for people who protect their shoes.

Squirl - it's the gas. But really, did you ever think I could keep one guy around for this long without driving him away, screaming and twitching?

Niffer - I guess he missed his chance, because we were both immediately convulsed with laughter. We've been obnoxious in that restaurant since we were first dating. You should probably feel sorry for the waitstaff.

10:20 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

Is is safe to come out and play now???

What a sweet story of love and romance...I can only hope that my man feels the same as you do about yours.

Happy Breeder Anniversary!!!

XOXOXO

11:36 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Strizz said...

That is so SEXXXXY!

12:22 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, the belch,
How 'mantic!

Happy Anniversary to youse.

5:33 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Aren't you guys jealous? Don't worry, your husbands will be just as sexy; give 'em time, give 'em time.

Greenie - it's probably best to check before you look this weekend. This anniversary lasts until Monday, if you know what I'm sayin'. But at least this breeder sex won't yield any Buckettes.

9:58 PM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

aw shucks...actually, my gentleman friend will answer the phone when he sees me on the Caller ID sometimes with a belch.

Hey BFE, I heard a rumor that your PBS station up there is the only one running the tv show I just appeared on...how many Gumby figurines will you take in exchange for a tape of it? ;)

and someday, you must tell me how you managed to not drive one away screaming -I definitely seem to do that.

12:56 AM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Madame D said...

Aw!
I found one who not only burps, but burps at the Boy over the phone.
Then the Boy burps back, and says "Did you hear that?" And giggles.
It's so cute.
Until the fart noises begin.

9:00 AM, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home