the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, November 04, 2005

Dork: the final frontier

G'kar has an eye on you

Just in case you hadn't figured it out by now, I give you photographic proof that I will never get a date to the prom.

I've actually had these Babylon 5 figurines for a couple of years, but finally couldn't resist takin' 'em out of their packages. Yes, I hear you collector types howlin' in protest, but dammit, I don't wanna sell these! I don't care if they lose their sales value. If I buy toys, I should be able to play with the fuckers. Besides, these are just the little ones. I've thus far resisted the temptation to unbox the 9" action figures I also have (well, except for that one Emporer Mollari that I have out in my office, but there's a duplicate in its box still). I'm really torn on the bigger ones, but I think the little ones will keep me distracted for now.

Ambassador Mollari
Centauri Ambassador Londo Mollari: "What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?"


Ambassador Delenn
Minbari Ambassador Delenn: Every man's dream - she comes with a bone in her head.

Minbari Flying Vagina
The Minbari Flying Vagina


Captain John Sheridan
Captain John Sheridan: "Pull my finger."


G'kar just wants to dance
Narn Ambassador G'kar just wants to dance. Is that so wrong?

I need help. Help collecting the rest of the figurines this size. Somebody come pull me off of ebay when my eyes glaze over.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

Everything you've done with these figurines is wrong, wrong, wrong. That's why I love you soooo much.

10:29 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pull my finger figurine! LOL!

10:50 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Bone. In. Head.
'Nuff said.

11:09 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

The Ambassador just wants to dance... give 'im a break!

***cue Madonna's "Crazy For You" softly in the background***

12:04 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bucky, how many toys do you have?

1:17 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with momentarily distracted...bone...head...two of my favorite words.

2:07 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

I have no idea what the hell these things are.

God your a fucking geek.


Excuse me now, I have to get back to rolling hit die for these bugbears, my party is approaching and I need to have their hp done because the players will want the xp points....

3:17 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

so I guess my LOTR figurines can't come over to play?

4:58 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I guess when you talk about taking 9" toys out of your box, the comment spammers descend like locusts.

And yeah, this one put the Geek-o-meter into the red zone ...

8:19 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - hey, maybe you can have as much fun with Pokey when I bring him over.

CKelli - heh, I figure even an Earthforce Captain can make fart jokes. I mean, what else is there to do in space?

M_D - huh huh huh My inner Beavis could NOT resist that one.

Eclectic - See? You understand the romantic side of space aliens...

SS Nick - ummmm...not sure how I should answer that without screams of laughter from the dirty minds in this room.
Do you mean with or without batteries?

Jim - and the fact that she comes with a bone in her head? Remarkable. What a good sport.

Jess - this isn't gonna turn into a geek-off is it? If so, I hope it won't end in breakdance fighting, because I will certainly lose that round...

Opera gal - au contraire, I think Gimli and G'kar would get on famously.

Anon - how'd you know I'm a sucker for wigs, wigs, wigs, wigs? *sigh*

Nilbo - I suppose I really did bring the spam locusts down on my own head, didn't I? I just couldn't bring myself to delete the one with the wigs, wigs, wigs, wigs. 'Cause that's what I look for in a sex toy shop.

And you know all this geek talk makes you hot. Don't even try to deny it, you with the LOTR-inspired nickname.

9:25 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

rings on her fingers
bells on her toes
A bone in her hand
ho ho

(or, something like that)

10:27 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I don't know these dudes. But I will be purchasing LOTR figurines. And a lunchbox. And a life-size cardboard standup of Legolas. For the kid, you know. I don't know if he'll have anything to "pull" or not. We'll see.

11:51 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

susie - I actually took a life-sized Aragorn cutout to my last job - luckily my boss was a HUGE LOTR fan, but I can promise you the President of the college was most unhappy.
And that fact filled me with glee.

4:46 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - sorry, I don't have the Ahab action figure. Nor Guitarzan, I'm sorry to say...

Susie - of COURSE it's all for LG. You would never "accidentally" brush up against the Legolas cutout while covered in mazola. Nope, because that would be WRONG.

Opera gal - I see you amuse yourself at work in ways similar to mine. Heh heh heh, the world is a little eviller for it.

Killer - FINALLY! I wondered when someone would jump on the flying vagina. You finally snatched it up!

8:25 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

I hear the words "Babylon" and "Five" and my head falls off. Seriously. Have you ever had an aunt, so determined to hook you on a tv show, long after it's started mind you, try to tell you the entire basis, theory and details of the show????? Hoping to convert you so you'll watch it and talk with her about it? It was almost like getting religion at the laundromat, but without the ability to be blunt.
But hey, anytime you're taking pictures of your toys, I'm amused. So there's that. Because I don't have a flying vagina, so some might even labia me envious. Oh noooo I diiii-n't.......

9:54 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

PlazaJen - Ohhhh, you went there. And you know this is the perfect place to do that.

On behalf of B5 geeks everywhere, I apologize for your aunt's religious fervor regarding the 5-year arc of the best science fiction television series to ever grace our screens, amen.

Sorry.

10:51 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

After I posted that question of “how many toys do you have” the "with or without batteries" consideration came to my mind, too. Of course, in the context of your post, I was asking about toy figures. I don’t remember you posting a picture of a battery powered toy—or did I miss something?

11:16 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

SS Nick - any toys I may or may not have which require batteries shall not be displayed in the context of this very family-friendly site. ;)

But if we're talkin' stricly Babylong 5/Gumby/Homies realm here, I don't think I have any that are powered by anything more than my severely juvenile imagination.

11:10 AM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

My hubby keeps going out and buying more Babylon 5 episodes at any video/dvd place when he can find them....not my fave series though.
I do like G'Kar though, and Dellen is always fun....what's that guy's name though, with the black hair, it's kinda spikey, what's his name.....I liked him, even though he's sometimes not the nicest...I think he was in security....

10:17 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Effie - I believe you mean Garibaldi. :)

I own the first three seasons on DVD, and only await good prices on ebay to pounce on the 4th and 5th seasons.
Also, all 13 episodes of Crusade have now been released on DVD (that was the spinoff to B5). Your hubby and I could probably irritate the whole room!

12:13 PM, November 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home