the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Page and Plant - poop flingers?

En route to the symphony
This will be the last song you hear, if Rocco can help it.

Yesterday, just after I posted about my monkey socks, I received an email from Mr. Bloggerific Himself that read:

Muh-muh-muh-Monkey on your feet, feet, feet, feet.
-Bloggy's impression of Robert Plant

Well, I couldn't let that go unanswered, could I? Here are the subsequent monkey-ized Led Zeppelin volleys between us:

Bucky: Nu-nu-nu-nobody's monkey...but mine.

Bloggy: Where's that confounded monkey?
Does anybody remember monkeys?

Bucky: Hey, hey, monkey, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove...

Bloggy: I think I win with this next one:
Your monkey's going to come
haha!

Bucky: Damn! A cumming monkey trumps just about anything else, I think.
But...
Let me take you to the monkeys
Let me take you to a show
Let me be your one and only
Can I make your monkey grow?

Bloggy: If you feeeeeeeeeeel
that you can't
go on
and your wiiiiiiilllll
sinking
low
just believe
and you can't
go wrong
in the liiiiight
you will find a monkey
you will find a monkey

Bucky: Been a long time, been a long time
Been a long monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey time

Bloggy: This one is no reflection on you, Pure Bucky:
There's too many people in your Monkey Pie

Bucky: When the monkey breaks, I'll have no place to stay...

At this point, the discussion devolved even further, if you can imagine that, into a sad dialogue about the passing of the voice of the Jolly Green Giant.

I might also mention in passing that my sister called me last night in a state of, how shall I say this delicately, slight inebriation. It was a serious case of role reversal, as I'm usually the drunken dialer. But I shall let her tell you about it when her head feels better.

28 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

My goodness, Bucky. That was, um, enlightening. ;)

10:15 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

CKelli - isn't this what the dude had in mind when he invented email?

No?

Aw, crap.

10:16 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"enlightening" doesn't sound like a comliment this time around CK :(

hehe, I have a post conerning the Jolly Green Giant, but it's a bit tacky.

10:37 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

No way! Squirl was drunk-dialing?

And all this time, we thought she was the classy sister.

;)

10:41 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - I have to say, if anyone hasn't checked out your tacky post, their life is not complete. Heh heh heh heh, I'll say no more to spoil the effect.

LadyBug - hahaaaaa, the glass slipper's on the other foot now, innit?

10:46 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I hope you Windexed that glass slipper.


(I'll try not to spoil it too Bucky, but it's nearly impossible for me to shut the hell up.)

10:53 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

A long monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey time indeed.

11:20 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Monkey days are here again

___


The wind won't blow
where the monkey wouldn't go
at it only goes to show-o-o-ow

11:36 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - exactly how long IS that, in monkey years?

Mr. B - but monkey and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her-er, her-er...

11:38 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Bone Machine - "Monkey Dick"?
I think I just wet myself.

11:58 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

And no one said:

"Squeeze me monkey, till the juice runs down my leg.

The way you squeeze my monkey, I'm gonna fall right out of bed"

[?!?]

I'm disappointed.

12:05 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, Bucky, I think that is EXACTLY what the dude had in mind when he invented email...

Mr. B -- would "interesting" be better?

12:12 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kassi - I think you win with that one!

CKelli - you can't imagine how that frightens me. Someone may have actually conceived of this madness years ago...

Bone Machine - (ha! I accidentally typed "Boner Machine) I like Zep alright, but I enjoy the merriment at their expense because the guys in the band just WRECKED Zep for me. It was all they wanted to hear, eat, breathe, etc. God, band guys, you know, there are DOZENS of other bands out there. No, really!

Kittay - a monkey rally at the Cotillion. I think it's appropriate. And how did Squirl get her tail so bushy this morning?

1:34 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

I've always wanted to use lyrics to the lemon song in conversation. It has all been leading to this point in time. Thank you for fulfilling one of my goals in life.

1:46 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Bone Machine - I have to agree that long solos do not translate to recorded work (at least for my taste) and are better left to the live stage. If a solo goes on for too long on a CD, I start to feel like I'm listening to a really unattractive person jackin' off.

Kassi - always glad to help folks achieve their lofty goals.

2:01 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! A Million Monkey March!

2:23 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

One of these days some school kid is going to google monkeys and find their way here.

Unlike the rest of us who find our way here googling kielbasa queen....

3:07 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

All around the mulberry bush
the monkey chased the weasel,
the monkey thought twas all in fun,
POP goes the weasel....

A penny for a spool of thread
A penny for a needle,
That's the way the money goes,
POP goes the weasel!

So--what's a weasel?

I can't wait to hear about a tipsy Squirl--I hope she had fun....

Just monkeyin' around, are we?!

3:15 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh jeez... I *just now* got the title of this post.

I was thinking poop flingers, ploop fingers--not animals that fling poop. Gah. I should really go home.

3:20 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Darn it I had to miss most of the fun due to being away from a PC most of the day.

I still like the Zep stuff. I can't listen to it much because I burned myself out on it, but once in a while I got to keep on monkeying.

4:16 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Well, everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey.

5:24 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Bone Machine - I was JUST listening to their version of Kashmir!!!
BFE & Bone Machine - in the recording studio, thats actually what its called - engineers will call it the "jerkoff" instead of guitar solo.
Then again, I have been known to accuse some web developers of design masturbation, so it has other applications.

W/regards to the "too much Zep" discussion, I have found most musicians listen to: Zep, Beatles, the Who and Zappa.
If I ever hear Brown Shoes again...

5:24 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Courtesy demands that I at least thank you all for serving up one of the heartiest laughs I've enjoyed today! I just can't think of anything to add....

9:47 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

At first I thought the title was

"PooP Fingers"

So what I then did was I finished eating my cheese and crackers because I wanted to enjoy them to the end without getting grossed out. THEN I read the post.

But I was wrong. Poop Flingers!
But I was right, I still kinda got grossed out, (monkey juice), BUT.

THAT IS WHY I COME HERE.

10:50 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm. And just when I am in need of monkeys!

12:08 AM, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love it. Now I think I can amuse myself making monkey songs out of my Megadeth collection :)

6:49 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Monkey is my bidness, and bidness is good.

6:56 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Not sure if I shared this... but every time I look at the title of this post, I blink a dozen times and think, "Shit, does that say poop FINGERS??" :)

10:32 AM, October 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home