the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The camera has been drinking (not me)

Flint Vehicle City
This is the clearest picture in the batch. Frightened yet?

I like to take my camera out at night and snap pictures, lots and lots of pictures, of lights. Yes, people like me are very distracted by shiny things. In fact, I prefer it if I can move the camera so that I get a streak of light to represent the shiny thing of the moment. Some (most) would call it bad photography; I call it shaky shaky fun.

Flint blur 17
What pirate doesn't want some Arrrrrrrrrrby's?

Flint blur 18
Deja Vu - the competition is high for those "three ugly girls" spots, especially on Dort Highway.


But I like the blur of lights at night in the city.
Flint blur 16

I like it when the lights cease to be just lights, and they become candy canes, or neon boomerangs, or flocks of souls that have stopped in for a nightcap on their way to eternity.

Flint blur 8

Flint blur 10

Flint blur 20

And even the arches over downtown Flint can't decide if they're solid structures or Slinkies, lit from within:
Flint blur 22

Flint blur 21

And then, just like that, the spirits of the night got on their motherfuckin' bee and rode home.
Flint blur 1

Sorry. There was just no way to back out of this post gracefully.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

AAAAaaaaiiiiggghhhh! The Slinky song!!! NOoooooooooooooo!

9:22 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oooooh! I like the slinky picture.

But, you know what's even better than the slinky song? The LOG Song from Ren and Stimpy!

"What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!"

9:53 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Ren & Stimpy...good times.
Love the pictures!
I like shiny stuff. :oD

10:04 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oh, and nice Tom Waits reference...

10:04 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger hemlock said...

And how's yer necktie??? Was it perky for this trip??

Fun night photos.

10:12 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo! SHINY!

10:20 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

That was just darned near poetic there, Bucky, the whole, "...flocks of souls that have stopped in for a nightcap on their way to eternity."

10:29 AM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Circus Kelli, I like shiny things, too.

Would you like to see my slinky?

10:38 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - what, you don't wanna think "It's Slinky, it's Slinky, for fun it's a wonderful toy"?

LadyBug - aaaaaaaaah, Ren and Stimpy. I haven't thought about them in ages. I should really blog about the farting Ren doll I used to play with all the time when I worked at Meijer...
Log. Hahahhaahahhahahaa

M_D - if we could just put Tom Waits in a shiny suit with a Ren and Stimpy tie, life would be perfect, wouldn't it?

LeafGirl - my necktie is asleep. And the carpet needs a haircut, and the spotlight looks like a prison break. Glad you like!

Circus Kelli - exactly! I see you understand my mindset. A little lambrusco before photography doesn't hurt, either.

Eclectic - oops, the poetry musta slipped out when I wasn't lookin'. Usually, my poetry strives to rhyme with words like "bitch" and "fart". I am NOT the classy sister.

Helmet boy - you need to stop pestering poor Circus Kelli like that. The restraining order will NOT be shiny.

10:55 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Are too!

*heh*

11:57 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

La lala lalalala I cannot hear you singing lalalalalala

12:27 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*scans room for Eclectic, hiding water balloon behind him*

SLINKing away huh? Uh huh...

12:40 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

See Mr. B? It IS fun for a girl... AND a boy!

1:37 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Ok I post pics of lights at night and now you do... Is this cause I stole your meme?


If I look at these and spin in my chair I get dizzy heheheheehehhee


Or maybe its the marker Im sniffin...

2:07 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - don't tell Squirl you said that!

Mr. B - take your hands off your ears - do you want that water balloon to go off right next to your head?

Eclectic again - just make sure you wash that slinkie when you're done having girl and boy fun with it.

Jess - that's right, I stole your lights at night theme. Meme stealer. Shunner of gaudy jewelry. Understudy frog stuffer.
Man...I think I got 'hold of some o' those markers too.

2:37 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those markers are some good shit, eh? Try the grape...

3:06 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

All this time I thought I was the classy sister.

I love all the shiny stuff. But the souls stopping by for one last drink was my favorite line, too.

5:46 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been awake so long that all of those pics look like my present reality.

8:08 PM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could that be . . . is it Dort Hwy?? I love the night time shots . . . blurry or not!

7:38 PM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yes! Dort Highway it is (except the arch pix from downtown, of course).

8:46 PM, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home