the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Crunchy tobacco

I had occasion to dig out a coat I haven't worn since early last spring. I'd forgotten what my coats were like when I smoked. Here's what I found when I dug in the left pocket:

Stale cigars

Hopefully I won't be diggin' stale cigars and cellophane out of my coats for too much longer. And in case you were wonderin', these crunchy motherfuckers held absolutely no temptation for me. Four months off the stogies now...I'm sure as hell not gonna fall off the smokey wagon for the equivalent of a dried cat turd.

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Susie said...

That's a very admirable thing, that "just saying no" to the smoking of dried cat turds :)

11:29 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the lack of temptation. I fear what I shall find when I begin wearing my winter coats. Of course, if I finds some cigs, I shall smoke them.

11:29 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

I wont tell Hermione your holding out on your stash of cat turds.

1:51 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Just say NO to dried cat turds. That is such an appealing motto. Not so appealing is the fact that we're having to pull out the winter coats.

8:45 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Kassi Gilbert said...

If you ever DO decide to smoke dried cat turds, I don't mind mailing some to you. My cat eats premium cat food.

10:34 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Wasn't it Metallica that said "Smoke that turd that doesn't smoke?" Or maybe it was "Bang that turd that doesn't..." No, that's not right.

10:34 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I think you're missing out on the hallucinogenic wonder that is smoking dried cat turds. For years before the white man came, that was what the aboriginal people had in those peace pipes.

Light up and bliss out. When the rest of the word discovers this, cats will be the new Ipods - everyone will have one, and homeless guys will be following cats down the street with a scoop and some rolling papers.

12:25 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Too funny!
No more cat turds for Bucky.
:oP

12:54 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - I resisted the temptation. That should surely earn me some brownie points. Or maybe I shouldn't mention brownies in this context.

SS Nick - as long as you don't find anything in your coat that you have to feed or water, I think you're alright. And hopefully you won't have to get out the winter coats just yet.

Jess - I'd appreciate it - I wouldn't want a dog that big holdin' a grudge.

Squirl - Everybody needs a motto. Why shouldn't mine have the word "turd" in it?

Kassi - nice to know I got a local "source."

Mr. B - I can't help you with that one. Not unless you wanna know about their song, "Enter Turdman"

Nilbo - cat turd smokin' is for amateurs. I'm so hardcore I just lick the cat's ass for a solid buzz.

M_D - yeah, just another habit to break, I guess. One day at a time...

Mrtl - You should get a prize for your new profile pic.

1:34 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Floyd's Lists said...

Just remember: nobody likes a quitter.

10:50 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I love quitters! (smoking quitters, that is)

1:19 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Sam said...

Four months for me tomorrow!!

12:14 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I was just wondering the other day how your stop smoking campaign was going.

Will you think I'm a big softie if I say I'm proud of you? (And, for the record, you should be proud of you, too.)

9:26 AM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home