the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Recipe for cranial Jell-O

Tonight I feel like I'm wandering through an even denser mental forest than usual, and my mental forest is pretty dense most of the time, if I do say so myself. Do you sense a recurring theme here? Lots of battering of the brain lately. The thing is rubbery and fairly resilient, considering how much purposeful damage I've done to it with varying degrees of alcohol through the years.

But right now, it isn't bouncing back as quickly as once it did. It's a terribly hectic time of year at work, among other things, and add the following ingredients today:

  • A 4:30 a.m. start time to work
  • My own inability to nap when I got home this afternoon
  • One hour of structured stupidity (otherwise known as General Hospital)
  • Two hours of laundromat
Shake, stir, fold, spindle, mutilate, and do the twist, and you have a pretty good idea of the consistency of my skull mush. I apologize for all the brain talk lately, but I feel the need to speak of it before it becomes totally useless and/or I forget I have it. Given my advanced years, that's not so far down the road. I'll be turkey bowling in the old folks' home before you know it.

Needless to say, my writing here is suffering horribly the last couple of weeks. But I have not lost the ability to make with the stupid in Photoshop, and when I'm not turning my friend's cats into flying monkeys, I do a pretty mean graphic approximation of the state of my brain.


buckybrain7
Tired.

buckybrain5
Whupped.


buckybrain4
Nodding off during self-photo session.

I will endeavor to come back here tomorrow and talk about something that does not involve my brain or a spray bottle full of urine. And what about that urine? Was it mine or someone else's? Would it have mattered to Florence Henderson?

This is your brain. This is your brain on urine. Any questions? Anybody got any paper towels for that urine on my brain?

21 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Susie said...

Urine my thoughts. (heeheeeee I KILL myself, I tell you)

11:17 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

4:30 in the morning.
You are good.
Carry your urine in a spray bottle, and nothing but good will come to you. Aim for the eyes.
I'm going to bed.

12:10 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I think I speak for the Internet as a Whole when I say we enjoy your brain stories. I just hope it's feeling better today.

7:38 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

It's really OK to talk about your brain and urine. In fact, some would even say it's a brainy idea.

7:58 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Brainy ideas are always the most fun!

8:08 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie- you just need to carry around a little tape recorder that plays a rimshot when you talk.
Do you do this to your patients, too? If I were your patient, my whole session would be spent convulsed in laughter. And then I would likely pee on your couch.

M_D - I always go for the eyes. I will protect us all.

Squirl - the brain feels ever so slightly better today. I have the icepack helmet on today.

Susie and Squirl - am I gonna have to come take that little suitcase away from the two of you and dump it out in the back yard?

8:32 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

I'd say urine need of a good nap.

And possibly, some fabulous nookie, nookie which does NOT involve urine, unless you're into that sort of thing. NTTAWWT

9:19 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

nookie would be SO NICE.

11:03 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

So...we have LadyBug and Opera Gal in favor of nookie.

Just say "yes" to nookie!

11:12 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, let's all say yes to nookie.

12:46 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

I think if the urine is someone else's that boosts the ICK factor up one notch.

12:47 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

Absolutely "YES" to nookie. Just not at 4:30 am.

12:52 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You people are nookie obsessed.

Which is why we all get along so well. 'Cause everybody's on the Nookie Train.

As the Pips might say, "Woooo! Woooo!"

1:08 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

There seems to be a pee theme running amuck all over blog world these days.


I am worried. We all need to learn to hold it better or we need to get that over active bladder medication.

1:46 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

Yup--nookie would help--it pretty much always does, doesn't it?!

Susie made me laugh out loud....I'm tired today...

3:35 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Do you think that Florence's urine is all greasy-like? Maybe a little "Urinality?"

3:36 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I say if we control our overactive bladders, how will we defend ourselves in those Ultimate Street Fights?

Yes, nookie is a good thing. I wonder what Martha Stewart would say?

And I like to imagine that Flo's urine is greasy. If anyone knows otherwise, please don't tell me - let me live in my little greasy-urine fantasy world.

3:41 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thank you, Bucky, for the Pips mention. Woooo woooo! On that Nookie Train

5:02 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Bucky! Your brain seems to be going through one hell of a time. Maybe you need a vacation?

I’ll say yes to nookie, too.

7:25 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Schmootzie said...

It's like a close up of a Ramones video on acid.

7:25 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Schmootz - yeah, I'm channeling Joey Ramone bigtime here, eh?

4:13 PM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home