the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Freaks, all of yez

Your overwhelming response to my last post leaves me with no alternative but to conclude that y'all are as unbalanced as I am. 315 comments on that post, out-fucking-rageous!

Please feel free to continue commenting on the movie quotes thread, if that's what flips your flapjacks, because I find it amusing as a dog in silk pajamas.

In the meantime, because I feel so close to you all now, I'll share with you a fresh vision, nay, a breakfast miracle:

grouchogrits
Behold the Groucho Grits.

Because, I love you, man. You, the Internet as a Whole.

36 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Ain't it fun to be "unbalanced!" Sure beats "normal!"

8:29 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

That was really fun. The comments were really flying.

9:15 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

First, I totally wanna have movie night with nuggetmaven and ladybug. Now, most of mine are already there, but, ahem...

"How'd you like to get your ass kicked by someone wearing these pants?"

9:45 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"Roast chicken?"

9:46 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"He's bona fide."

9:46 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"Turn to the right."

9:47 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"I wasn't always like this."

9:48 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"We met at an IBS weekend -- Irritable Bowel Singles."

9:48 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"I am G.H. Dorr, Ph.D."

"Phd? Like Elmer?"

9:53 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"Did your late husband blow the shofar?"

"My husband never blew no chauffeur!"

9:53 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I couldn't play - :( I am completely unable to EVER remember movie quotes.
but I love movies, 'kay?

10:23 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

"Nobody puts Bucky in a corner."

11:05 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Wow! Groucho Grits! They don't sell those where I live.....

12:28 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

OK, one more. I left one at the other post.

"I'm gonna R-U-N-N-O-F-T!"

1:29 AM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP, Bucky! You need to put them thar grits on eBay, girl! They'd get SNAPPED up.

2:44 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Forget the grits, I want some Krispy Kreme.

"Goddamn bugs."

6:45 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Oh, SHE, I LOVE that one. That's what we say about our dog all the time, when he goes over the fence. And my daughter doesn't know where it comes from, she just accepts it as a proper term. When Biscuit runs away, she'll call up her Dad, "Daddy, he R-U-N-N-O-F-T again!"

7:04 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

So, Grits are what? Cream of wheat? or Red River cereal or porridge? What are they?

Nice Groucho!

Those comments sure wasted a lot of my time yesterday--lots of fun--thanks!

And here's one more that my hubby and I quote all to often:
"Did you grab my ass?" "from across the room it is physically impossible to grab your ass, sir." "Did you want to grab my ass?"

9:05 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's Groucho? Dude, I totally thought that was a melted snowman...

9:08 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Normal is over-rated. At least, that's what I hear...

9:11 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie is right. Nobody puts Bucky in a corner.

In a straightjacket, yes.
In a corner? Never!

9:36 AM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Are them cheesey grits? mmmm, grits. Groucho Grits don' need no salt, neither. He's plenty salty - and peppery!

Day late, dollar short on this movie thing. Pulp Fiction & Best in Show are the two most-quoted movies in our house. Particularly because Polly has a BIZZY BEE toy, not a bear in a bee suit.

12:27 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

You are so totally not gonna believe this.

I dreamed about grits last night.

I don't eat grits. No one I know eats grits.

But last night I dreamed I was at the store, trying to find a package of grits. (They came in packages like Ramen noodles, in my dream.)

And here you are posting your Groucho grits. How freaky is that?

12:52 PM, September 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange. Last night I dreamed there were Ladybugs in my Grits. Turns out it was Groucho.

How do these things get started?

2:19 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Kranki said...

It is a freakin' miracle. Seriously. Was Groucho weeping as well?

3:12 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

"She turned me into a Newt!"
:::mob looks at man:::
"Well...I got better."
"Burn her anyway!"

7:46 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

that was a riot. I totally could have been called on by the authorities for neglecting my kids whilst I spent almost an hour reading all those and thinking about all those delicious movies.

Bucky!
My blog addy changed.

its now
anybodysguess1.blogspot.com

8:21 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

ok, you want

freaky?
a sound clip for Miss Caverna

9:01 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

PS: I meant to mention this yesterday, but that dude in your masthead... his nose is unsettling to me. It's kinda like Gerard DePardieu or Owen Wilson's penis shaped probosis. I can't stop looking at it.

I'm oddly aroused. Oddly, I tell you!!! I want to sit on his face and yell, "Damnit Pinnochio... LIE DAMNIT! LIE!!!"

10:08 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Oh shit, that Biggus Dickus comment is going to drive me apeshit! I know I saw the movie... what was it again?

10:09 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Susie wants to watch movies with ME? I'm honored! What makes you say that?

10:15 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Mmmmmm Cheese and BACON grits!!! OH GOD I THINK I AM CUMMING OVER THAT THOUGHT.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go scotchguard my panties.

10:17 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

History of the World Part 1 - a Mel Brooks masterpiece.

10:17 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Grits=hominy/cornmeal porridge, cooked slowly over a low heat... creamy, delish... stick to your ribs good eatin'!!!!

10:19 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

"I'll bite your knees off!!!"

10:20 PM, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

"Biggus Dickus" is from Monty Python's Life of Brian

10:28 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home