the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Trying so desperately not to use the word "urine"

I'm sorry there's been so much whine whine piss piss whine "my poor fucking brain!" around here lately. But I'd like to make up for it, if possible, by using this post to tell a story within a story.

The larger part of the story is that I am a huge dork, and have a real though undiagnosed sickness that makes me purchase, pose, and photograph plastic figurines. You thought it was just Gumby? Oh, no. No no no. You only think that because I haven't yet whipped out my Babylon 5 collection.

But wait, I've found something even more infantile, if possible. They are called Homies, and there is a machine full of them at the laundromat where I go to forget to put soap in my wash.

And now, I will tell the smaller but more interesting story with visual aids. I like to call it Death Crashes the Zoot Suit Riot:


zoot1

zoot2

zoot3

zoot4

zoot5

zoot6


UPDATE: Apparently I am not the only Homies-obsessed blogger, as Mr. Bloggerific Himself has demonstrated with the following photo, which was sent to me of his own free will and not as a result of an elaborate blackmail scheme:

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

First!

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies wouldn't be so thrilled with the Death part. That's all I'm sayin'.

9:23 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Nina said...

Second!

I am laughing at the Death Crashes the Zoot Suit Riot. That's all I'm sayin'.

9:28 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I wanna play!

(Check your email, please.)

9:30 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Come on, you know you wanna guest post! PWEASE LET ME PWAY?!

9:31 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Rock is dead.
Long live paper-scissors.

9:49 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - check the update at the end of the post!

9:59 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yeah! Bucky!

Bet you can't guess which part of that image inspired my son to say, "Daddy? Can you help me open my Nun?"

(I have no idea who the hippy in the back is, or how he got there.)

10:05 PM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckster! My nephew is complete Homies fanatic. I think he has every damn one of 'em. You and Mr. B.are cool.

And Mr B. - any kid that says "can you help me open my nun" gets MY vote.

10:53 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Those two fetching fellows in the black capes are kinda snazzy.

In that stalk you in the dark steal your soul kind of way.

12:47 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I really like the figures and the photography! You did a great job, Bucky. BTW, to you have a figurine of Jim Morrison?

12:58 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I've never seen these! I love them! No need for urine when you have homies.

7:27 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

to quote Jay in a wonderful movie which I am sure you will all know - "where do you get these wonderful toys? mwa!"

7:36 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I like-a da toys.

9:45 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

I'm worried about you.

12:32 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

Love it! Death died!

2:39 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

One of the lab rats in the mega days of DIAL-UP used to do a lot of modem testing. We had only a few lines at the time so to alert all in the office that he needed us to leave the damn phone lines alone, he would announce:

"Test call!"

One day, I just couldn't hold the laughter in. He actually had to have me explain what I was laughing about.

There's just nothing funnier than an overweight balding, bearded dude yelling out TESTICLE!

4:30 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Bucky, love your story (told in pictures!)
Sad ending though.

4:36 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Um, I tagged you, if you're innarested.

7:11 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oh my God...is that Shaggy in the background???
Shaggy rules!
Long live Scooby Snacks!

9:34 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yep, that's Shaggy.

I may beforced to do the line-up of Baby Buddas.

8:18 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home