the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Skip to the flu, my darlin'

Sick

Yes, indeed, I seem to've caught some charming bug or another this weekend. I felt a little crappy on Friday, then I was really out of commission hardcore yesterday, when I may have broken even my own record for number of consecutive hours spent clad in my frumpy yet irresistible bathrobe (pictured above). I hope it's not tempting fate too much to whisper that I think I feel slightly better today.

Who wants to bring me soup and heat wraps? Gummi Bears and a fresh enema kit? Fruity Pebbles and crack? I'm open to suggestion here...

23 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger I'm not here. said...

A shot of tequila and a nice cup of chicken broth:
shoot the tequila
sip the broth
go back to bed...ZZZ...

Sorry you got the crud.
Hope you get well soon. :o(

11:43 AM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

If you die, can I have your figurines?

12:35 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Warm milk and toast....well, what the hell did ya expect from a MilkMaid?

Feel better soon..

12:44 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

That’s one hell of a want list you’ve posted, Bucky! I would be willing to supply some of it, but enlighten me on how Gummi Bears help overcome the flu?

Anyway, you’re in my prayers.

1:26 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you're feeling crappy.

1:34 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

poor poor buckster. I will call eclectic and susie and squirl and mr. b and the rest of the bucky-teers and we'll make a big pot o' chicken soop (can't say 'soup' because that was imply that it's not laced with black-tar heroin) and some vicks vapo-rub for your chest.

1:52 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Jim, are you rubbing the chest? Me neither. Anyone? Anyone?

Hot lemonade is my personal favorite remedy. And I do love me some Vicks Vap-O-Rub. Oh, and snuggle Snickers.

2:20 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Oh, and don't get the Gummi Bears mixed up with the enema kit. That ain't pretty.

4:06 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Alright, alright... I'll rub your chestal region, Buckster, but I ain't getting near any enemas or gummi bears. You making the soup, Jim? 'Cause I'm fresh outta the black tar. Does this mean a road trip?

4:20 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Finally! SOMEbody wants to rub my chest!


Aaaaaaaaaaaah......

Now if I could just get some help with that enema....

4:25 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh my Bucky, hope you are feeling better and better. I am big on a long shot of cinnamon schnapps in a hot chocolate, or Jaegermeister in herbal tea. At the very least, it helps you sleep.

4:57 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*sprays Lysol all about*

Bucky, you have need for some Red Hots. They'll fix you right up!

*applies hand gel*

5:02 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

i sent you the Gummi Bear orgy, woman! What more do you want???

6:11 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Watch Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. It always makes me feel better when I am sick.

And popsicles, lots of popsicles.

9:36 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Nina said...

Awwww, sorry Bucky you are not feeling well. I tend to sleep with Jim Beam when I am not feeling well. Since John doesn't want to come near me anyway when I am sick (and he is a doctor). . . in fact at times when I have a cold he has told me to go get Jim Beam . . . who am I to argue with a doctor? It doesn't cure the cold or flu, just makes me care less and sleep better.

10:53 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Love the combo of gummi bears and enemas! Hey did you know that you can buy them in bulk at Amazon??

10:56 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap (pun intended), Nuggetmaven. I had no IDEA you could buy enemas in bulk. I'm goin' there NOW.

10:57 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no... I really hope you're feeling better by now, darlin.

Rest, rest, rest. Blog, boiling chicken soup enema, more rest.

9:22 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Effie said...

Aw--poor Bucky's all sick!

Hot Toddy's always work--a little liquor in the lemon tea with honey and I'm out like a light! Or just heat up some rum and add some lemon and honey--same effect only quicker!

10:28 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

You guys are so generous with the help (Spoonie, if CKelli brings the boiling hot chicken soup, are you willing to incorporate that in your usual enema routine? and will there be music?)

I did manage to get my sorry butt to work (very late) today. I'm sure all your kind thoughts buoyed me.

The virtual enemas didn't hurt, either.

1:51 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

how about a hug?

2:13 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Hugs are perfectly acceptable, but you might want to wear a mask and rubber gloves.

Not for sterility...just 'cause it's kinkier that way!

3:16 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

Better today, eh? Glad to hear it! Be careful not to push yourself too hard -- getting well is like foreplay... sometimes it takes awhile.

6:03 PM, November 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home