the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, March 26, 2007

A kid'll eat ivy too, wooden shoe?

I'm going to be totally random with you tonight, and you're going to like it. I just know it. Dirty whores.

  • I struck sushi today, and I didn't even have to drive as far as Grand Rapids to get my chopsticks full of green roll and teriyaki salmon. Turns out there's a nice little place in Holland, about 15 miles south of me. That's right - after I have my miso soup and kani, I can head right over to Dutch Village Theme Park and Wooden Shoe Factory. It doesn't get much more pulse-poundingly exciting than in West Michigan, folks. But when I'm properly attired for the Tulip Festival and you're not, who'll be laughing out their ass then, buddy? Huh?

  • How many times do you think I can go into Bed, Bath, and Beyond, use the shiatsu massage demo chair for about ten minutes, and then leave without buying anything before they ban me from the store?

  • Color me completely awestruck by how long a roll of toilet paper lasts with only one person (and the occasional visiting urinator) in the house. I had no idea!

  • The little fucking bastards precious kittens knocked my dominatrix leg lamp onto the floor a few days ago. Luckily, she is a sturdy leg and no harm was done save for mussing her cat o' nine tails.

I'm making my own meme now. Here's the tag: do it iffen you wanna. How's that for pressure?

  • Last/current movie: Last movie watched, Jackie Brown (rental). Currently watching nothing because I'm on the computer, duh!

  • Movies sitting out unshelved and in view right now:
    Deliver Us From Eva (rental)
    Crumb (rental)
    Hairspray (rental)
    Aeon Flux (the complete set of cartoons)
    Natural Born Killers
    Weeds, Season 1
    Waiting for Guffman
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Me and You and Everyone We Know

  • Last/Current book: Last read, Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins. Currently reading: Make Your Own Damn Movie! by Lloyd Kaufman (this is some seriously hilarious shit, totally worth reading even if you have no intention of making a movie)

  • Books lying about unshelved:
    Flickr Hacks
    PHP and MySQL for Dummies
    Apache, MySQL, and PHP Web Development
    Screenwriting for Dummies
    Digital Photography Expert Light and Lighting
    Complete Manual of Typography

  • Last/Current CD: Last CD listened to was Alice Cooper Special Forces. Currently listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers Californication.

  • CDs scattered about willy nilly:
    Tom Waits Alice
    Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits (Death Row)
    Joss Stone Introducing...Joss Stone
    The Cars Shake it Up and Other Hits
    Candye Kane Diva La Grande
    Rob Zombie Past, Present and Future

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... sushi. I love sushi, and I don't even eat seafood!

Glad your leg is ok!

xxx

11:26 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger M_D said...

I've never heard anyone laugh out their ass before. Hmm...

1:34 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Last movie watched: Gosford Park (two thumbs up!)

Movies sitting out unshelved and in view right now:
Danny Deckchair (Netflix rental)
Madonna The Confessions Tour

Last/Current Book: The Sexual Life of Catherine M. - by Catherine Millet

Books lying about unshelved:
- Maui Revealed
- Maui 2007
- Throwing the Elephant: Zen and the Art of Managing Up
- Kiss Me Like a Stranger (Gene Wilder autobiography)
- Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations and Society

Last/Current CD: Soundtrack for "Freedom Writers"

CDs scattered about willy nilly: Since most of my CDs are beyond "scattered" (we're talking 6" high stacks), I'll spare you that.

6:40 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

The occasional visiting urinator here. Yes, when there aren't five people in the house a roll of toilet paper lasts much longer.

Lunch soon. Ha ha baby sushi!

9:54 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Rap/HipHopSucks.

10:47 AM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Me Crabby said...

I've made a very informative documentary of Crabcake. It's posted on my blog.

1:04 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man -- you know that Comfort Inn or whatever the hell it is that's about a stone's throw from the Dutch Village, but actually takes about 15 minutes to get there because of the freaky one way turn roads? I was *right there* last fall with my family. I had repressed that memory until now. Thanks.

Bed, Bath and Beyond, that depends. Do you sit in the chair naked? If so, it will be about 3.5 times. Don't ask me how I know.

Roll of T.P. - Yeah, and if I lived by myself, I'd still be the only one to change the damn roll.

Leg Lamp - Well, DUH. They're kittens! How could you think they wouldn't attack the lamp danglies?

Whoa. A meme? No thank you. (crawling back into my circus tent now)

1:34 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Platypus said...

Hee hee, the toilet paper thing made me giggle since I'm quite used to how long a roll lasts when I'm by myself but was stunned by the speed with which it disappeared when I had a house full of people... I'll do that meme at my place tomorrow. :)

3:00 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Mare-zee Doatsan Doe-zee Doatsan Little Lambzee Divey.

The kitties didn't really want to break your leg, they just wanted to pull it a little.

4:49 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Me Crabby said...

me love kung fu!

11:11 AM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

hey is that PHP/mySQl book the big one with the purple spine? The one by Luke Welling & Linda Thomson? That book RAWKS.
shit, I'm officially a geekette.

...as if opera isn't bad enough.
(i had to say that before Mr. B and Bone machine show up here and start denigrating my taste in music.)

the last book I read was "The Asylum for Mankind" America 1607-1800".

9:06 PM, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

BBB: Hang out all day. If anybody says anything, just say, "It's good advertising. I'm telling all of your customers that this is Blissful Beyond Belief."

T.P.: My husband is amazed at how much toilet paper I manage to get through.

Movies: too damn busy to even watch one lately.

Books: I have to read a book a week for grad school. This week's required treat: A Return to the Native Land.

11:01 AM, March 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home