the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Rock tease

Before I bring on the Cherry - Black Stone Cherry, that is - I wanted to give some love to the two opening bands that I saw Friday night (sorry, Brian Schram Band, but I'm elderly and needed my nap before I went out a-rockin', and I missed your set). I'll be back with the story of the whole night (well, the parts I'm telling the Internet as a Whole about, anyway) in a lengthy and overblown post, replete with pictures of the bad-ass baby boys in BSC.

The first band I saw was Sour Jane, hometown Flint boys (though I don't think I've jammed with any of them, it's possible we've staggered in the same circles before). You can hear a couple of their songs on their MySpace page, and find out even more about the guys on their official web site.


Sour Jane

Sour Jane



Next up? A band from Detroit called Ugly. They, too, have a MySpace page, though I don't think the song sample does a bit of justice to the energy and raw, ugly sex appeal of their live set.

Ugly

Ugly

The lead singer, Geo Teubi, opened their set wearing a giant foam cowboy hat; I really wish any of my shots of that would've turned out.

(Also, am I not too old to be directing you to MySpace pages? I only go there for the music, I swear! I'm really not picking up teenagers. Teenagers can't run down to the liquor store for me when the well runs dry, and there's no way I'm doing someone I can't trust to stay out of my Clearasil; some things in a woman's life are sacred.)

Now that I've trotted out the opening acts, I can go back to Photoshop and try to sort through the roughly 100 pictures I took of BSC (unfortunately, many of them while being jostled violently...but that's all part of tomorrow's post). I'll also be keeping an eye on these bands' schedules now, too. Damn, I'm becoming a social creature. Society should be a bit frightened.

6 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

It appears as a social creature you are having a hell of a lot of fun, Katy! Great!

What makes you think MySpace is only for teenyboppers? A few of my (elderly) ex-blogger friends have traded their blogs for MySpace sites because, they tell me, it takes up less time than blogger does. (?) They also inform me that, if I want to communicate with them, I must get a MySpace place. However, I keep avoiding doing that since MySpace is part of Rupert’s Evil (read: “Right Wing”) Empire.

4:53 PM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I still have the prejudice that MySpace is for kids.

Society may not be ready for you, but that's society's problem.

6:45 PM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn, Bucky, all this shit about MySpace and I have just been told that YOU have a MySpace site?

I agree with Squirl's prejudice and keep my about Rupert Murdock.

9:03 PM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

SSNick - I'm actually having a blast! I just found a slew of shows I must attend in the fall. It's my rock n' roll slut dream come true.
The only reason I have a MySpace presence is to keep in touch with bands/venues and a few friends who blog over there. My only blog is here. I have no patience with maintaining multiple sites.

Squirl - Society doesn't know how much it needs me. To jam an icicle up its ass.

2:54 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Bucky, I have a little goodie for you at my place. It's 'cause you rock. :-)

7:17 AM, September 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just about cope with the blog and Facebook. MySpace is beyond me!

3:01 PM, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home