the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Next thing I'll be buying an apron and a Jell-O mold

Just when I don't think I have any cherries left to pop, somebody comes along and punches a hole right through another figurative hymen. Tuesday night was just such a night, where I ventured out and did something I've never done before.

First off, I was hanging out with a new friend who is neither a sibling of mine, nor has she ever been married to one of my siblings, so that makes the evening unusual in and of itself, considering the company I've been keeping of late. But that wasn't the really freaky part, oh no. It's what we did with those two cute Asian girls that gave me my most recent deflowering:

Manicures.

Seriously, I'm 42 and have never had my fingernails done. So, we went out and did that, and pedicures while we were at it (I have to say, I gripped the armrests like a sissy and giggled and almost peed my pants when she was buffing the bottom of my feet, yes I did). But somehow, in all the other girlie things that have gone right over my head over the years, I didn't realize what a great occasion a manicure/pedicure is for gabbing. If we could get this done someplace with hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, that would truly rock the mighty rock; I'm sure places like that must exist, but I don't know of any around here. Who can get us a drink with our nail polish?

I managed to fuck up my nails and have to get retouched before we left, because I'm just not used to how long they stay wet and vulnerable (sort of like sorority girls). Therefore, I think it's a good idea for me to take a picture now, before I further damage the goods:


Manicure and wine, bitches!

What? I got my own drink after I got home.

I kind of think this makes me an official girl, and anyone who doesn't agree gets slapped across the face with my dick.

12 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

So, how does it feel to have pampered nails? Do you have you toes done, too? If not, when does that happen?

BTW, I think you made a good selection of the nail color.

6:07 AM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

That is a gorgeous color! You look adorable.

7:28 AM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Woo hoo! Looks great!

9:16 AM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for you! I think if I could find a bar that does manis/pedis, I would totally go there.

Maybe you could bring one of those beer hats for next time...

You know what I've been craving? A massage... I've never had one of those before... I've never had a pedicure, either. (My grandma was in her 80's before she ever had a pedicure. She LOVED it!)

That settles it... who wants to spoil me, huh? Anyone? Yeah, I thought not.

11:22 AM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that pic of you, by the way. You look so... nice. ;)

11:22 AM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

LOVE LOVE that red hair!!

2:16 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, you have never heard of Beauty Bar: http://www.beautybar.com/main.html
Fortunately, I'm only a few hours away from the one in Austin. It's awe-some. ;)

Oh, and totally love that color!

2:22 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

We'll go lingerie shopping when I get there, cuz I've never done that before and have no one to see it, either. Then we'll go vibrator shopping, followed by a swing by Home Depot for a fresh supply of power tools, just to mix it up.

Ya know, I never found a speck of my femininity until I fell in love with a woman at 25...

2:51 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I'm glad you liked the mani/pedi. :)

4:35 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

You look fab, dahlink.

I haven't worn nail polish in years and I put some on a couple of days ago. It's a translucent pink with sparkly glitter things in it. What. My seven year-old MADE me. You know, so we can match.

4:50 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lynn - I know that whole "matching thing!" My 9 year old does that with me all the time. I've considered buying the "Me" and "Mini Me" matching t-shirts. :) I rarely paint my fingernails, but I always paint my toenails.

5:10 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Cool, CK! The Sassy Miss S feels left out because she does not have a twin and her sisters do. She has said: "Fine, then. I'll just be twins with Mommy. Hmpf!" Now we sparkle and shine. And glitter. We glitter. Bucky, can I use 'glitter' as a verb over here?

8:38 PM, August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home