the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, August 13, 2007

Lazy Bucky's quickies

It's Monday morning; if you can't tie two coherent thoughts together, why should I?

  • When my eyes opened this morning, the first sight I beheld was Thirteen, on my drafting table, standing up and very purposefully pushing my lamp over. Then, when I got up and wandered into my office, I found that someone had snapped the bulb off the dominatrix leg lamp. The way I figure it, the cats want me in the dark so they'll have the advantage. I'm a bit afraid. Hold me.

  • I very nearly had an out-of-bowels experience while driving the other day: Barreling down the road, and the van in front of me turned right...then whipped around and right back out in front of me. I mean, right fucking in front of me. By feet. There were cars coming at me in the other lane, but there was nothing I could do except yank my car over to the left as hard as possible, and then just as hard back to the right to swerve around the fucktard. I just missed him, and just missed the car coming toward me in the other lane. The only reason I can think that it was even possible for me to pull off that maneuver successfully is the time I've put in playing the various versions of Grand Theft Auto. Now I feel like I should practice some more.

  • Digging Prince's 3121 CD a lot right now. Of course, Amy Winehouse is still getting daily plays (I can say with some confidence that Back to Black is my favorite CD of the summer), and I got a best of Tito Puente CD that's in heavy rotation. Mixed feelings on White Stripes' Icky Thump; it just didn't grab me right off like Get Behind Me Satan did, but it was interesting enough to bear further spins. Perhaps it'll grow on me. Still waiting for my copy of Myth Takes by !!! (pronounced "chk-chk-chk"). More danceable music for someone who can't dance. Go figure.

  • Thanks to Laura for pointing me to one of the most hilarious videos ever, French and Saunders' spoof of Gone With the Wind. Just when I didn't think it could get funnier, then the last scene came along and nearly killed me.



5 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Bucky, if all you can spare is a quickie, I guess that’ll have to do.

I woke up this morning unable to breath until I noticed that Alex was sitting on the off/on button of my CPAP. Your cats may want you in the dark so they can have the advantage over you; mine acted as if he wanted me dead!

I am not scared of the dark, but I am fond of breathing. Therefore, as I hope you know, I’d be more than willing to hold you, Bucky; are you willing to protect my CPAP from Alex and keep me breathing?

2:19 PM, August 13, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Nick, is Alex paying you back for the time when you weren't at your house or something? Sounds pretty drastic to me.

Bucky, that GWTW clip was hilarious.

5:45 PM, August 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy Winehouse = sex.

12:23 AM, August 14, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

They tried to make her go to rehab, she said Yes, Yes, Yes! I don't have the link, but our girl's apparently in rehab as we speak.

3:29 PM, August 14, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

SSNick - I think you need to have a sitdown with Alex and find out his demands. It would be safer for you that way!

Squirl - I thought you'd like it. :)

Bleeze - Yeah, she does have a unique appeal!

Eclectic - I hope she comes out healthier. It would make me happy to hear many, many more albums from her.

12:29 AM, August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home