the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, August 10, 2007

No, I don't know what it means, either

I could use a sammich


Some days I pray for peace and prosperity
Other days, I'd just like a sammich.
And if we could talk to the seagulls,
Get 'em not to piss on my hand?
That'd be really top drawer,
Top drawer, indeed.


Speak softly and carry a big stick

I could fill a jar that's not there with your empty promises
But then I'd never have room on my shelf
For your pack of lies
And all those vials I used to catch
The venom dripping from your words;
Time to clean house.


Fang

Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it
But never let me catch you with the butter in your pants.
Hell's bells and whistles,
I could never figure out what all those knobs are for;
I'm gutshot gunshy guttersnipe blue...
Thanks, my good man, I'll have the sunset for one.


(All photos were taken at Chicago's Field Museum on July 21, 2007, and have absolutely nothing to do with any of the text in this post)

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Intense! Cool!

I believe that I shall now retire to contemplate this—or maybe the small rounded hollow on the surface of my stomach where the end of the umbilical cord was tied after being cut.

10:23 PM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Well, they don't have to now, do they? Have anything to do with the text.

10:43 PM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I seldom have any idea what I mean by what I write, anyway. It's less stressful on the leetle brain, you see...

Oh, but I have spent the better part of the day hunched over a painting, which may or may not be finished (I have to go back and look with fresh eyes...having a step-away-from-the-acrylics break right now).

11:14 PM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

That bottom picture is so beautiful I can't speak.

Lemme know if you find out about the knobs.

4:26 AM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

If the illustrations had anything to do with the text, it would be waaaay too obvious and boring. That's why they use them in text books. I like 'em better this way, when they're not illustrative at all. Waaaaaaay more interesting. :)

3:17 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Really top drawer!

9:14 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

Well damn. One of my co-workers calls me Guttersnipe and I'd never seen it in print before.

I don't get out much.

12:13 AM, August 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home