the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cool again

Let me come atcha from a few different directions here, like ninja Hare Krishnas:

  • Credit where credit is due: I was downtown again today, because I could no longer resist the call of the Tip-a-Few Tavern's unparalleled bean burritos. As I left, I pulled around the corner to turn onto Washington, and I found it blocked off, and filled with more rides! And there were all kinds of crap food booths along the waterfront; I guess they had just started setup when I was down there Monday afternoon. So the layout is different, but I am hopeful now that I can go down there later with a camera and get some mah-ve-lous midway photos. Grand Haven, you fuckers didn't let me down after all!

  • I now have air conditioning! After deciding that a replacement for my central air unit would just be a little outside my budget this year, I went to Home Depot last weekend and picked up a 10,000 BTU portable unit that works wonders in here! All the cats gave me an extra round of cuddling to thank me for bringing comfort, at last, to their fur-covered existence.

  • It's come to my attention that too few of you are familiar with the music of Amy Winehouse, and in my opinion, that's a goldurned shame. Through the magic of YouTube, here's her single Rehab.




  • Oooh, to go with my running gay boy theme, I've found a new gayer-than-gay show on Bravo! It's called Welcome to the Parker, about this five-star resort in Palm Springs, the oddballs who stay there, and the oddballs who work there. On the first episode, this group of buffoons from Hollywood descended on the place to have a ping pong tournament, rented the most exclusive suite on the property, and proceeded to act like drunken, destructive pigs all weekend. The staff's restraint was amazing; if I worked there, several of those fuckers would've gone home early with a ping pong paddle lodged firmly in the anal cavity. There are a lot of highstrung people working for the resort, so I fully anticipate some spectacular meltdowns as the season progresses. And the gay Asian guy who delivers room service is so cute I just wanna pinch him as he rides past on his little bicycle.

13 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

First, THANK YOU JESUS for a proper carnival for Bucky. Please eat some cotton candy and immediately go ride the ferris wheel for me?

Second, huzzah for air conditioning. (How the hell did you make it this long?)

Third, LOVELOVELOVELOVE that song. Her voice, that sixties throwback music? YUMMY!

9:43 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Love the song, but in real life, maybe she should say yes?

10:01 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to see her before something bad happens. She seems like she's getting worse. I love her voice and her look though. Although she is too thin now. But damn, the talent...

10:30 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

HTGT - I went tonight. IT WAS EVEN BIGGER THAN IT USED TO BE! Aaaaah, wait 'til you see the pictures!

Eclectic - you wouldn't be the first to say that (but she IS hilarious). See her drunk on TV here.

Anon: I listen to Back to Black every day. Also, I have a ticket to see her in Chicago in September!

11:41 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Phil said...

Used to live in Muskegon, Yuck. Right down wind from the paper plant. Major Yuck. Did love being a tourist and driving up to GH for ice cream, and along the lake. Loved the lake. Miss the lake, now that I have been exiled to Pennsylvania, home of all the red necks that they kicked out of West Virginia.

Namaste.

12:03 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I say if she doesn't go to rehab, and ends up in a hospital rehab, she can "pull an Elton John" and rewrite the song to be about physical therapy.

Goodbye Norma Jean, hello neck brace!

7:08 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Phil - ew, I remember smelling the paper mill all the way in Grand Haven. You have my sympathy for having lived so close to its odor.

Mr. B - I just hope she doesn't do anything too drastic before I get a chance to see her perform!

8:10 AM, August 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE her. And I love the song "Valerie" which you can't buy in the states yet. -- A friend of mine met her when he ended up in a hotel room next to hers and accidentally got her schedule slipped under his door. When he took it to her, she gave him passes to her show that night. I, too, am hoping to catch her live before looses it. Did you read the Rolling Stone article about her?

Uh, and that show rules. I was upset that they didn't actually show footage of the guys tricycle races in suite.

11:00 AM, August 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucky, Back to Black is sure to be a classic imho. I can't say I've heard anything of her's I didn't like so far.

Can you slip me into your purse for the concert? I promise I won't take up much space!

12:59 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

STOP IT! You know I love her so much it hurts!

10:56 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Oh my gawwwwd, I love you for giving us the Buzzcocks Amy! Ya know how I don't watch TV, so I only get the bits folks send me. I MUST have her nasty ass (though I'd have to fatten her up).

11:03 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

And speaking of lush's, can you imagine how badly I wanna hit the Tip-a-Few???

11:05 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lord, Bucky, I gotta follow your lead. Alex and I are frying inside this 100+ year old house with a broken air conditioner.

Hope you have fun at the street fair on Washington. I was hoping to go down to Louisville’s waterfront for this weekend's Bluegrass Festival, but with temperatures in the 90s, I have foregone the opportunity in favor of being able to breath.

5:35 PM, August 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home