the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th, part 72

You know, normally I would be all over Friday the 13th like an Irishman on a potato spiked with whiskey. And I am going to take this opportunity to publish cat pictures. So there, haters!


Friday claims his chaise
Friday is stunning in red, even if he is colorblind.



Complete lack of remorse
Thirteen in his natural habitat - chaos.

Also, I saw another excellent concert Wednesday night in Grand Rapids. When I heard that G Love and Special Sauce would be at the Intersection, there was no hesitation on my part that I would be going; I've wanted to see G Love perform for years and have always missed my chance for one reason or another.

The show did not disappoint in the least. G Love (I don't know what to call him - G? Mr. Love?) is an engaging entertainer and, I must say, HOT in his black pinstriped suit, in every sense of the word. Even hotter in person than in his pictures.


G Love and Special Sauce

G Love and Special Sauce

It's hard to know how serious a venue's "no cameras" policy is, so since it was my first time at the Intersection, I left my Kodak at home and just stuck to the cameraphone. Turns out I needn't have worried; there were plenty of point-and-shoot cameras being held aloft with no repercussions. Oh, well. At least I know for next time.

I happened to wander over to a small group by his tour bus after the show about a minute before he came strolling around the corner of the bus and began to sign autographs. I hadn't thought to bring anything of worth along to have signed, because I am retarded, but I'd grabbed one of the small show flyers from the lobby on my way out, so I had him sign it and he was super sweet. It's a black on mostly black autograph, but fuck it - it's still cool.



However, all of these things are overshadowed for me at the moment by the fact that a close friend is going through something really awful right now. I feel terrible for my friend, terrible that I can't be there to offer comfort and strength in person, and terrible for what's going on because it's to do with something very close to my heart also. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about it, but it's not really my business to do that. So, if you have any very non-specific prayers for my friend, I think we'd all appreciate it!

UPDATE: She's posted about what's happening, so if you would like to know more than my vagueness, and want to offer your support directly, you can read the story here.

18 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Susie said...

Are you kidding? I am the master of the non-specific prayer. I'm all over that like . . . an Irishman on a potato spiked with whiskey.

5:43 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

I ADORE Thirteen!! There is something so awesomely cool about that little face. I think it's some attitude.

6:17 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Kranki said...

Very vague but heartfelt prayers coming to your good friend.

6:28 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Yes, prayers on the way, Bucky.

6:38 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

P.S. Steve Vai is touring (didn't want to make this frivolous point in my previous comment.)

7:51 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

You know my prayers are going that way. And I love the Friday picture. Especially so, as the little asshole likes to run away from me a lot.

Now Thirteen, he's soooo different. So lovey and sweet one minute, then a holy terror the next, no guilt involved.

Happy Friday the Thirteenth to you and your babies.

8:43 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

I knew there had to be a post here on this day, and I only hoped it would include kitty photos! Good thoughts outbound for your friend. Have a great weekend!

9:04 PM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Great White Bear, said...

Hope things get better for your friend! Quickly!

But how long you gonna tease us with promises of a Pee Wee Pictorial before you deliver the goods?

yes, I apparently have the bad taste to mix the serious with the frivolous. But isn't bad taste what it's all about?

1:13 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

I just decided we need a virtual Bowling for Smidge weekend.

6:53 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Ms SnS said...

Thank you for getting rid of "Minnie!" You can have a gleeful giggle knowing that I despised his ugliness so much (ok, yes, overdramatic here) that I almost had to stop reading for awhile! Haha! Space queefs are so much better!

8:45 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

http://tinyurl.com/2wfadz

8:49 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Susie - I knew I could count on you, Mrs. Fancy NewBlog Fairchild!

Lynn - Oh, Thirteen's got enough attitude for ALL of us.

Kranki - Many heartfelt thanks!

HTGT - thanks, and very cool! Now if Napoleon and Terry just decided to drop by in Chicago...

Squirl - thanks, I know you've been praying all along! And Friday runs from you a LOT less than he runs from everyone else, I must say. Hell, he runs from me plenty, too.

Eclectic - many thanks, and you know I couldn't resist the perfect opportunity to whip out my virtual wallet and make you all look at my babies!

Bear - thanks, and great to see you! :)
You know bad taste is at my very core. Oh, you should see the tchotchke show I'm arranging in my head. You have no idea all the new characters I've recently added to the corral. This could be something on a grand scale!

Squirl - That sounds like a great plan. Maybe we'll run into the Dude at the bowling alley.

MsSnS - I have to agree that Barbarella is easier on the eyes than Ron Jeremy in Grand Old Opry drag.

Mr. B - You rock! I'm listening my little heart out right now.

Look, everybody - Bloggy made me dance!

9:46 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

The Surgeon General does not recommend dancing when one's heart has been rocked out.

11:09 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Whooooaaaaa....the new masthead! Whoaaa.

10:29 AM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

G.Love is awesome! I had never heard of him until I moved to Philly. You should check out Don McCloskey at www.enormousd.com. I particularly recommend "King of Discount Hos."

7:33 PM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am SO jealous you got to see g. love & special sauce! like 2 days ago i finally replaced my g love cd that i lost years ago & i've been listening to it non-stop.

(and, so i don't sound heartless after then end of your post, i visited your friend's blog & left my wishes.)

9:03 PM, July 15, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

"This song is very fast. Very fast. Don't dance to it. You'll fuck yourself up." --Lemmy from Motorhead

11:43 AM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

On a side note, I know next to nothing about G. Love except there was a song called Lemonade many years ago. For some reason, it seems like it had sort of a Jon Spencer vibe to it, but that could be totally off.

11:44 AM, July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home